Page 105 of 223 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2221

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    this was the 45th school shooting just this year.

<snip>
    2,500 kids killed so far this year.
    Where did you get these numbers? 2500 kids killed - do they include the thugs and gang bangers getting killed in inner city violence?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm an old timer, don't be afraid. I carried a weapon every single day of my life between 1973 and 2005 (and still do at times), attending and conducting countless hours of training including live fire houses and more simulations than I could possibly remember. I'm currently a certified trainer for the ALiCE active shooter program (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) and routinely train my companies employees in a modified version.

The people I find most worrisome are the new CCW holders lacking a history of ongoing training coupled with the desire to let people know they're able to carry. To me, a weapon is a tool. I don't see many master carpenters bragging about their hammer. We old timers who carry for protection, mostly of others, don't either.

To another posters point, if she sees me in a supermarket she'll never know I'm carrying one of the tools of my trade and has no reason to worry about me. Sheepdogs never harm the sheep.
    I'm talking about 60-80 year olds as "Old Timers" the ones who learned from their poppy and grand poppy in the 40s and 50s. A friend's now-ex hubby was the perfect case in point. She's 60 and he had 10 years on her. Good ol' Cajun boy. No trigger or muzzle discipline. Scared the heck out of me, waved a loaded pistol around. I taught my friend the safety rules and how to handle a gun safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Where did you get these numbers? 2500 kids killed - do they include the thugs and gang bangers getting killed in inner city violence?
    Tradd, I do apologize, I try to post the references. http://www.gunviolencearchive.org

added kids and teens to age 17

the site has tons of detail and a lot I did not know. But I'm foggy again and do not remember what I read very well, I will re-look tomorrow unless you find it on the site first

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I'm talking about 60-80 year olds as "Old Timers" the ones who learned from their poppy and grand poppy in the 40s and 50s. A friend's now-ex hubby was the perfect case in point. She's 60 and he had 10 years on her. Good ol' Cajun boy. No trigger or muzzle discipline. Scared the heck out of me, waved a loaded pistol around. I taught my friend the safety rules and how to handle a gun safely.
    I had a couple of old timers, he accidentally shot her in the genitals and it went up her spine so she was paralyzed from the waste down. He was cleaning his gun. THAT HE NEVER USED. He dies. She lived 44 yrs like that. She had to have a catheter for urine, I cannot even describe how hard this was, it took 3 people. Thank God she could not feel it. She lived to 104, died because finally her daughter refused (more like was convinced) to finally have her constant urinary tract infections treated.

We got a young bulldog into rescue, given up by his family because he has a heart murmur.I dont know his prognosis.

But my peeve is this: in this boy's litter 2 others have heart problems.

And the idiot breeder is continuing to breed the parent dogs. Let's put more deformed Bulldogs on the ground, it's exactly what the world needs. Not.

Our rescue group just lost a 4 year old female after Heartworm treatment which cost us around $2,000. She completed her treatment program, went to a rescue event, got overly excited, and died on the spot. That money is hard to come by and if only she would have been given heartworm prevention this pretty girl would have had a normal life. As it is the last two years of her life were not good for her, she was ill.

ugh. People. I don't like them, don't ask me to like them.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-4-15 at 9:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    And the idiot breede is continuing to breed the parent dogs. Let's put more deformed Bulldogs on the ground, it's exactly what the world needs. Not.

our rescue group just lost a 4 year old female after Heartworm treatment,which cost around $2,000. She completed her treatment program, went to a rescue event, got overly excited, and died on the spot. That money is hard to come by and if only she would have been given heartworm prevention this prett girl would have had a normal life. As it is,mother last two years of her life were not good for her, she was ill.

ugh. People. I don't like them, don't ask me to like them.
    if the breeders are doing that it has to be financially rewarding enough to have litters and cast off the deformed ones. Making the breeders sick puppies themselves, disgusting

that is so sad about the heart worm pup

Fitting rooms without clothes hooks.

Williamsmith
    Follow up customer service surveys. Straight to the trash can.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Follow up customer service surveys. Straight to the trash can.
    Especially the ones that insist that the top grade is the only "passing" grade. Exactly what do they expect the survey to tell them?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

lol. I've had exactly the same thought. The salesperson was aggressive enough to get me to put a check in this box. How nice for all of us.

Thread Information