Page 107 of 422 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 4219

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Who?

Kim Kardashian and Kayne West named their first baby North. He wants to name the next one South. So North West, South West, etc. I'm really hoping pop culture explodes and they eventually have a little West West

What the general public seems like they are really interested in. Or maybe the media just make me think the rest of the population is interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    Kim Kardashian and Kayne West named their first baby North. He wants to name the next one South. So North West, South West, etc. I'm really hoping pop culture explodes and they eventually have a little West West
    You may have to get through North North West and South South West first.

Ok, I know I've used up way too much rant space lately, but Honestly! I call my dr's office with a request: 1. please upgrade my prescription as agreed between my dr. and I, and then 2. please fax said script to pharmacy x at location y. Three hours later I check and there's nothing, I call office and am told they faxed the old (wrong) script to a pharmacy in sierra vista I've never even visited. I take a deep breath and repeat all the info. 45 minutes later i get a call that it's been done. an hour after that I call the pharmacy and they still have nothing. I call the dr's office again and they tell me no, it hasn't been sent yet. And then repeat the name and address of the wrong pharmacy as where they're going to send it. This is an office of six people.

Could I put in a request that minimum wage be lowered to $4 per hour until basic competence is proven?

Let's add in, one script isn't coming due for 2 weeks, I need it now because I'll be overseas in two weeks. This is old lady hormones. You'd think I was begging for morphine syringes. 'You have to call your insurance co.' Ins co after 20 minute hold, no, you have to have the pharmacy put in a request, get it rejected and then have their help desk call for an override. Aargh ... are these people all on drugs?

And the pharmacy portal that asked for all my info so it could transfer my prescriptions took the info nicely, and now it is all gone, they're saying it will "probably" reappear out of thin air. Right. sure it will.

This is a tempest in a teacup, I know, but it's such a shining example of how our modern life makes it impossible to do the simplest thing without some absurd life-consuming screw up. Astonishing, does anyone else feel like they can't so much as blink and have it go right any more?
    Last edited by kib; 10-14-15 at 6:47pm.

I hear you, this was one of the biggest PITAs of my job. Someone needs pain meds now, ok, I call, emphasizing how bad the patient feels in detail. 3 hrs, nothing, 4 and 5 hrs, nothing, hour six I actually have held the phone near the patient sobbing and screaming in pain and then kindly say, "it would be great all around, if one of you, any of you, would give this message for the 3rd or 4th time to a nurse or doctor so there is a chance of that sound stopping today? Would you like to feel like that?" Repeatedly explain narc scripts are accepted at our pharmacy but must be done by a certain time, do not send to any other pharmacy, or call me saying I have to pick it up. It is a law that you can fax these scripts, your office does it all the time so what makes you so special that you cannot get this handled, maybe I should speak to the office manager? Then it might get done, or unbelievably, they would close the office and go home not giving a shit about the screaming, sobbing patient. And I would have to punt it to the night nurse, but our pharmacy had closed, and on and on with issues. I worked in a radiation onc office, I know being the receptionist sucks, I honestly could not stand to do that job, but if someone is screaming, staff need to know when to bump up a phone call from routine to emergent, and if they aren't sure how to triage somebody, ask the nurse, don't just ignore it.

if that doc was my primary and the front desk was that bad, I would find another doctor, someone who won't triage my massive MI until after multiple patients with flu, colds and sore throats. You can't triage by who called first. End rant and a part of my job I will not miss!

Williamsmith
    I won't go into the details but it had to do with a simple request to reorder a script and send it to my local pharmacy. Things got all screwed up. Well, my theory is, "Trustworthy in small things, trustworthy in big things." I drove to the doctors office, asked to see the manager and told him he and the doctor he represents are fired. Went one block away and asked another doctor to take me and my insurance as new patients. Done deal. Vote with your feet. If you don't some day their incompetence might mean your life.

Unfortunately, drugs is a two sided issue. When a script says it needs to be taken with food, IT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN WITH FOOD. One boss ended up in the hospital for low blood sugar (taking medicine on a empty stomach, repeatedly). Wish they would both choose to listen to their doc's advice.

I suppose since I'm 65 now, from now on I will get tons of junk mail, asking me to choose them for my Medicare Part B and D during the Fall until open enrollment is over. And crap magazines keep coming, even though I have "opted out". It all fills a grocery sack in no time, and then I drive it to recycling. Oh.......and since I bought a new car a couple months ago, I'm getting all sorts of junk mail from companies saying "Hey......heard you bought a new Honda! How about some insurance???"
    It really IRKS me that they are cutting down trees for this crap!!

I understand totally. When I turned 45, AARP sent out an invite to the magazine, sent junk mail and called me all the time, WTH? I kept saying that I was 45. I finally found some master number and said they were depressing me, stop the AARP crap, give me 10 yrs and maybe then we can talk.

and now, since being listed in some giant book of disabled people, I'm getting all that medicare stuff, too. When you have to be on SSDI for 2 yrs before getting that and I have over 14 months til my hearing, so that's 3 yrs. What a waste of money, time and resources.

I sort mail over the recycling bin.

Thread Information