Page 113 of 422 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 4218

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    This.
    I put mine in a ball jar with pump and leave it setting on the edge of the sink. A few pumps and I'm set.
    For awhile, I was using a better-designed bottle. That Ball jar pump sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Okay, so the wife likes to watch HGTV but if I see another episode of Flip or Flop , Property Brothers or Fixer Upper for the fifth rerun........part of my head will explode. And when I tell her I've see this episode at least five times......I get nothing....no response.......is she even still alive? Did some alien network taken over her brain?
    be very glad she isn't roping you into "simple" house projects that she learns about on those shows. My very ill mother watches them all day and keeps an Idea Journal that she shares with her DH who is in a metal back brace contraption from neck to hips and not allowed to bend for over 6 mos. When she hands him the journal one too many times, pages go flying, as do obscenities.

But yeah, that would make me crazy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I wish the man I worked with would not greet me with "Top of the morning, to you!" every day.....he's not even Irish.
    This is funny. Reminds me of a guy who worked in an office down our hallway - not in our department - and whenever he saw you he'd have to toss in a "have a great morning", or "have a great afternoon", or "have a great evening." So of course if you ran into him 3 times that day you'd get the entire recital. Every day.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    be very glad she isn't roping you into "simple" house projects that she learns about on those shows. My very ill mother watches them all day and keeps an Idea Journal
    I have no idea how many of these shows my mom watches, but they make me want to rip out her TV cable at its root. I'll grant that I don't watch these shows, but I remember watching "This Old House" and "Hometime" and it always irked me that they hardly ever discuss how much the project cost (nevermind the free goods and services they get for promotional purposes). As a result, my mom thinks installing a new light fixture in 90-year-old rental property costs only what it takes to buy the lamp at Menard's. Argghhhh....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Similarly, that a gorgeous piece of built in furniture can be created by anyone with a hammer and a couple of saw horses. For $25.

Call me squeamish, but I get kind of grossed out when I see someone with a urine collection bag dangling by their side while they are walking through the grocery store where I work with food...

Williamsmith
    There was a paraplegic who happened to be an alcoholic also. He drove around from bar to bar in a van with his wheelchair along for the ride. Well, he drove drunk and did it often. He thought he was kind of untouchable because the only field sobriety tests you could have him perform was possibly the alphabet and the nystagmus gaze which I got pretty adept at but still felt it was kind of hocus pocus.

Anyway, nobody would stop him because if they did and he was drunk, it would require thinking out of the box to deal with him. One night I stopped him. He remained in his drivers seat and I happened to have a new breathalyzer. He failed of course. At this moment while I was standing by the driver door and he seated in the drivers seat with the door open, lifted his pant leg just a little and released the valve on his urine bag. His urine ran out the bottom of his pant leg by the ankle through plastic tubing and right onto my leg and shoes.

He took a ride in an ambulance under arrest for DUI and gave blood at the hospital.

Sorry, your rant reminded me. I had placed that experience in a box way in the back of my mind.

My co-workers won't lock the doors when they leave in the evening. It's driving me crazy. When people are working alone at night you don't want someone to just wander in. Lock the goddamn door. In December when there was just me and one other permanent staff she locked the door. Now that there are 3 people plus a temp (including the original lady) all four of them don't lock up. I'm almost always working a bit later- I shouldn't have to follow them around like a parent. Where is common sense? Today I reminded 3 of them to lock the doors, and nope, still left unlocked. I'm normally quite patient but I want to scream at them. We don't have a boss on site to reinforce proper procedures.

Williamsmith
    A hammer and a few sixteen penny nails should get the point across rather nicely. Not another word need be said.

as gross as it is to look at, it is hard to hide a foley bag for a man wearing pants. There are leg bags but they don't hold enough for some men who aren't adept at emptying it. Sometimes, the old and sick who have one, just really want to get out of the house, they feel just as awkward as you being seen with it. I've seen some people cover it with a fabric bag. I try to think of it as akin to nursing a baby, you aren't doing it to flash boobage, you're doing it because it's a natural part of life. Of course, some don't care at all, are young and healthy enough to cover it and just don't, or they are dicks about it when pulled over for a DUI.

Thread Information