Page 124 of 422 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

you have me re-thinking about being a foster dog person, sorry about your table

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    you have me re-thinking about being a foster dog person, sorry about your table
    It is unusual for us to get to one in with the habits of a puppy.

That said, I have had two adult bulldog wood chewers in the dozens of foster dogs we have had, s there atent many. One of them hit a nerve: after 20 years of living in an construction project with a rough wood staircase, DH finally completed a "finished" staircase and used the oak treads we had beem storing for more than a decade.

WIthin a few weeks of the staircase's finish, one of our foster dogs gnawed on the corner of a completed step. ARgggh. DH filled it in with wood putty, but its not the same as new.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-6-16 at 8:40pm.

Alcohol and alcoholics.
    Friday, dealt with two verbal assaults from those whose brain have been altered. One was like a switch flipped.
    I half expected this to be like a work friend of mine, whose father tried to kill him, after the alcohol permanently flipped a switch in him.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Alcohol and alcoholics.
    Friday, dealt with two verbal assaults from those whose brain have been altered. One was like a switch flipped.
    I half expected this to be like a work friend of mine, whose father tried to kill him, after the alcohol permanently flipped a switch in him.
    I am sorry to hear this, it is very difficult to deal with.

It is broiling hot again with a high humidity level.

Job applications that ask too many questions! Egads!

And, everything is online and takes forever to fill out with go from page to page to page.

Lots of fees to pay too for background checks and such.

Unfortunately, the places I have worked have gone out of business and most supervisors and coworkers have died or left the area.

Sigh!

I had to think twice about buying a Superman costume for the dog. I actually stood there thinking about it. I don't have little kids, he can't see trick or treaters because he runs when you open the door, there are zero reasons for me to ever buy my dog a costume. Clearly, I have not totally adjusted to my new income level that I would even think about something so stupid. I better wrap my head around it real quick.

Job applications that ask too many questions! Egads!

And, everything is online and takes forever to fill out with go from page to page to page.

Lots of fees to pay too for background checks and such.
    this sounds like a scam. Not the long online forms, that's just how it's sometimes done, but the fees.

(I have paid fees for apartment rental background checks -those are mostly just credit checks I think - but that's different - it's usually only done when you are going to get the apartment with near certainty for one thing)
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    this sounds like a scam. Not the long online forms, that's just how it's sometimes done, but the fees.

(I have paid fees for apartment rental background checks -those are mostly just credit checks I think - but that's different - it's usually only done when you are going to get the apartment with near certainty for one thing)
    Jobs working with children, elderly, money and others are now requiring fees for background checks. Each one wants their own. I am sure it is making the background check companies a lot of money. But it gets expensive for applicants. If you don't pay for the background check, then your application isn't valid. I am sure the background check companies have pressured employees to pass the fees along to applicants. Some employers require state or federal fingerprinting - that can cost hundreds of dollars!

Many of these jobs are low-paying ones too.

I will tell you what is a scam though and that is babysitter.com, care.com and the others on that site. I have no idea why the govt., doesn't shut them down! You can put in a fake city and it will say there are high-paying jobs. Stay away from that site. They have commercials about it being free but it isn't!

I've had background checks done but the employer always paid and it was after they made a hiring decision (so they aren't paying it on everyone just those they hire). Sure if it was bad they might not hire but it was late into the process. Fees for a job application is like paying a fee for a job I have maybe a 1 in 20 chance of EVER hearing back from, and a much lower chance than that of getting.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information