Page 128 of 422 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Addendum: I just asked said student to take the shelving cart and go upstairs and put some of the books away. I am working on a cart full of books, scanning stuff to go on display. There are two empty carts, in addition to the one I want her to take upstairs. She puts her hand on the one to go up and says, "This one?"

No, the empty ones.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalone View Post
    Addendum: I just asked said student to take the shelving cart and go upstairs and put some of the books away. I am working on a cart full of books, scanning stuff to go on display. There are two empty carts, in addition to the one I want her to take upstairs. She puts her hand on the one to go up and says, "This one?"

No, the empty ones.
    You should have told her to do the empty ones first.

Certain things about my living situation can be very trying here in New Mexico - the track lighting just went out in my main room. I think there is a short in the wiring that happened this morning when I plugged in the electric heater to take the chill off the room (which I will HAVE to use when it gets really cold so the pipes don't freeze). It's always something in this really old adobe miner's shack...sometimes I miss my easy (but boring) life back in Michigan....

Halloween once again, ugg

The one kid who used a letter for three, is up to using it for five. Pretty stupid to make your handwriting so illegible that you use the same symbol for approx, 1/5 the alphabet.

I hate it when I get the grumpies and can't figure out why. Well, sort of I do. Trying to fill out job apps and the things will NOT cooperate. I hate doing those at the library because it is so noisy there and sometimes there are tests involved. Sigh!

I had a horrible day dealing with ex suing me and found out the court can make you use retirement money to pay for college so I was not a happy camper and saw little way out of my situation. Came home to find a letter from Medicare, I can start using it on 2/1. I wasn't expecting to get it until 3/18. What a relief. My COBRA runs out 1/1 and because of all my medical needs I had decided to pay for an expensive NYS Marketplace plan that takes all my doctors. I couldn't imagine how I was going to pay those high premiums and then the Medicare letter came in the mail.

I hate that saying "when God closes a door, he opens a window" but it's sure applicable today.

My Dad spelled my name wrong on my birthday card. You'd think the one who actually came up with the name would get it right!

However, at least he bothered acknowledging the day!

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    I had a horrible day dealing with ex suing me and found out the court can make you use retirement money to pay for college so I was not a happy camper and saw little way out of my situation. Came home to find a letter from Medicare, I can start using it on 2/1. I wasn't expecting to get it until 3/18. What a relief. My COBRA runs out 1/1 and because of all my medical needs I had decided to pay for an expensive NYS Marketplace plan that takes all my doctors. I couldn't imagine how I was going to pay those high premiums and then the Medicare letter came in the mail.

I hate that saying "when God closes a door, he opens a window" but it's sure applicable today.
    oops, this belonged under the Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    oops, this belonged under the Daily Rave
    I think it is very nice to get some good news, freshstart!

Thread Information