Page 142 of 422 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 4219

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Indy is having a similiar problem. The latest story in the paper was about a teenage girl who was one actually shot with nonlethal rounds to get them to stop fighting. She admits she did not listen to the officers. At one point a shot was fired by one of the teenagers. We are having fights downtown on an almost nightly basis.

The teenager was arrested but even she said if they are released to their parents, nothing happens.

The saddest happening was when a 14 year old was killed by the security guard he tried to rob while holding a gun. The 29 year old with the 14 year old apparently gave him the gun due to lower chances of juvenile punishment by the courts.

Around here, that would make the 29 year old, chargable for second degree murder, I expect.

My peeve for the day. So they advertise all these hands free devices as being good for the driver. Not so much if those you call can't hear you, and you having to repeatedly scream at the microphone, instead of pulling over and speaking into the phone, also distracts you and those on the other end can't hear to get your needs correct.

I agree, ToomuchStuff. I have a friend who would sometimes call me on her car phone if she was stuck somewhere on the roadway and just wanted to chat to pass the time. Not a good idea - too much road noise, static, or 'hold on a second I have to change lanes' etc. To me those devices are only good for a quick "I'm on my way" type call, not anything that's going to take longer than a minute or so.

On the flight coming home from vacation I sat next to a woman reading a book. I commented on the pretty bookmark she had and asked if she made it. She said yes and gave it to me!! She said she was addicted to crocheting and had many more. I, in turn, after talking awhile gave her a packet of Truvia since she had never tried it. We talked the entire flight and had a great time! A nice way to end the trip.

Staying at DD/SIL's for 2 weeks while they dawdle and play in St. Maarten. The kids are a dream, responsibly doing chores, homework, not fighting. But the DOGS--OMG! I just want to throttle one of them. They (the adult humans in the home) do not train them at all. They are constantly milling around underfoot while you are trying to make dinner. They try to lick the plates in the dishwasher while you are loading it (so apparently that's ok with adult children) AND I clean up at least 2 messes a day from the teenage dog! He can have just come in from outdoors and he'll pee a bucket-ful on the kitchen floor!!!!!! Aaaaaghhhhh!

There, that feels better.

Adding: She had better bring me something good from St. Maarten, not just a coffee mug from the airport like she did one other time.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I suppose you could train the dogs - but great that the kids are well-behaved!

Quote Originally Posted by 19Sandy View Post
    I suppose you could train the dogs - but great that the kids are well-behaved!
    No time for that--I work fulltime and it's only 2 weeks. I try to get him to heal, sit, stay, but to no avail. He just lunges at me and nips at my wrists and hands.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Want to sleep at 9 pm due to temperature dropping rapidly from very warm to very cold. If I go to bed too early, I will wake-up at 3 am!

people need to get more mature, like can I send the world to therapy!

My new staff is struggling but we had a long team meeting that helped a lot. However we have a kid with a challenging past of abuse and trauma. I was told his behavior concerns on day one since I talk to the psychologist all the time. So we have concerns, plans, supports. So staff freaks out and calls her coworker last night saying she thinks this 8 year old is going to bring a gun to school and kill her. OMG, In our meeting she didn't tell me this but she did say she was concerned because she didn't think we were doing anything. Doh! My staff caught the first signs of him appearing stressed, called me over, I took him with me and gave him space to play math dice games and he was fine. My primary staff and I have been doing this a long time, one kid we worked with over 4 years through a lot of ups and downs. Another I expelled after a lot of work. Don't play this middle school girl drama of calling all your coworkers instead of talking to your boss because you get nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Don't play this middle school girl drama of calling all your coworkers instead of talking to your boss because you get nervous.

Don't tell us, tell her.

Thread Information