Page 143 of 422 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Don't tell us, tell her.
    Exactly why I called a mandatory meeting to address everything and kept on going until she kept sharing and getting to the bottom of her concerns. I did not tell her the part about being the 13 year old girl drama in that way however. I could post in the work or happy that I faced conflict and called the meeting and pushed through awkwardness which I am very proud of for, and my long time staff for telling me what was going on and pushing to do this. Still had to vent this out a bit

Mother Nature - please make up your mind! Is it winter or spring? Warm enough to go to the park one day and snow on the ground the next day! Craziness!

My peeve is really a sort of WTF observation: the cost of sea scallops!!! Oh me!

I never ever EVER buy scallops, let alone fresh seas scallops. But pursuing a lower calorie diet, I thought they would make a nice change from the usual. I paid $27 per pound!!!e Bought a half pound. And they were largely tasteless.

I am gobsmacked that average people actually buy these things.

A second rant, breaking the rules I am. I am utterly sick and tired of the new look in home decor which is reclaimed grey wood/subway tile/everythng else white or a greyish blue. As for home decor accent junk, I will report from the suburban box stores to say that this year elephants are in. And we still have the trend of giant letters from last year, but elephants are where it is at.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-4-17 at 4:46pm.

I was tired of Moorish tiles/lattice as soon as I saw them, and all I think of when I see subway tiles is grout. And urinals. Gray is fine if everyone and their cousin isn't decorating with it, which they are. I like puce and chartreuse. And taupe and watermelon. And if I ever have a Home, I'm planning to use that combination. Let's hope it doesn't become the decorating fad du jour.

Our common areas are light grey and a darker shade. It was that or beige which I've had enough of. So we compromised. I like the darker grey but don't care for the light. I like real color like you, Jane. My house had a ton of color.

my peeve is I lost my notebook I kept for taxes with all my 72 MD appts co-pays, drugs, 2 surgeries, medical mileage, etc. I looked everywhere, I might have left it at an MD appt. I'm taking the standard deduction and trying to put this huge mistake behind me. I have got to tame the paper tiger. No more excuses.

One day without sunshine and I feel so! lethargic!

I wonder whatever happened to Jemima, who started this thread?

I am not going to do much posting tonight, or I might get myself banned for language. I am barely able to censor myself now, due to my rant/anger/blood pressure, due to THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've dealt with rapists, murderers, at least a couple pedophiles, and some other stuff, but the above is what gets my blood BOILING!

So, the underage neighborhood sociopaths get away with it again! Good golly - as soon as they are 18 it will get worse and everyone will wonder why they have to go to prison.

Yppej
    Lost my only decent pair of gloves. My life will be a lot simpler when spring fully arrives and I don't have so many layers to add and shed during the day. But there is a nor'easter predicted for next week. I am tired of winter.

Thread Information