Page 15 of 422 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I am apparently feeling peevish lately.

I am feeling down today. A friend of ours offered to babysit for us on our anniversary this coming weekend. We were all excited and made lovely plans for a special anniversary dinner. She called today and said that a birthday party she wanted to go to on Sunday was moved to Saturday and she'd rather do that, so now she can't babysit anymore. Now unless my dad can do it, we are pretty much out of luck. It's not that easy to find a babysitter for four kids at the last minute.

She really is a nice person, and I don't want to be angry, but a little part of me is. We do a lot to help her too and I wouldn't let someone down who was counting on me like that unless I really had to.

I'll get over it, but it does hurt my feelings.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Dripping faucets! I don't know how to fix them and my DH is too busy until this coming weekend. Argh. So, in the meanting, I collect the water, but it's still very annoying.

Kara

Sibling who seems to suck up all my parents money (really represents my parents and grandparents and aunts money due to inheritances!!) and may well bankrupt them while making nothing (and I don't even expect much, people don't have to have lots of money or prestige, but I really do mean NOTHING) of their life.

But but .... sibling has really positive thinking they say ... about dreams that basically have little more likelihood of happening than winning the lottery, and they've never held a job in their life. AND in addition they seem to be involved with really shadey narcisstic people (seem to me like a textbook narcissists) in "working on" these dreams. I mean dreams are fine but are we really going to start jumping off cliffs like lemmings here ... if only I believe in my ability to win the lottery I will .... does having realistic backup plans matter at all?

I understand those who say birth family is something absolutely toxic that you often just need to avoid for long periods of time.
    Trees don't grow on money

Tired, tired, tired of being pulled in too many directions. Everyone wants something out of me and I don't feel like giving up any more energy on this work crap. Enough already! I'm going to hide away for the rest of the day in my woman-cave and indulge myself with a nap.

Packing.

Packing. Packing. Packing.
    Peace through homemaking. ~ My blogs: Antique Photographs and Mindful Beginnings

We got less than an inch of snow last night and it is supposed to be in the low 50's today and my neighbor has been out for 45 minutes so far snow blowing! It's gonna all melt todayfor heaven's sake. This same man uses a outdoor vacuum to vacuum his whole yard weekly in the summer. AND I HAVE TO LISTEN TO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Blue View Post
    We got less than an inch of snow last night and it is supposed to be in the low 50's today and my neighbor has been out for 45 minutes so far snow blowing! It's gonna all melt todayfor heaven's sake. This same man uses a outdoor vacuum to vacuum his whole yard weekly in the summer. AND I HAVE TO LISTEN TO IT!
    So that's where he moved! Thank you, God!!!

I have or had a neighbor just like that. He hasn't been out much lately playing with his power yard toys. Maybe inhaled too much leaf dust??? Two years ago I think he must have sucked up every earthworm for six inches down into the ground with his leaf vacuum.

My deepest sympathies.

My 72 year old FIL is running circles around me and my 29 year old DH. I think that man could wear out my toddlers. I'm incredibly impressed, but feeling a bit embarassed at my slowness.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

The **#*! key lock! Tried to key the lock to our existing keys...My existing key doesn't fit the hole, despite the directions saying 'any key will work'. OK, so I just decided to re-key the original key for that lock. No go! It froze up. So now it won't work at all! I can lock it from the inside, but can't unlock it from the outside! Arghhh!!

Stella, you're pregnant. It's ok. And do let him wear out your toddlers!

Thread Information