Page 157 of 421 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

A donation is already being made to a favorite charity - they will be collecting the remains for scrap.

i have very tight parameters:
    under $12,000
    4WD
    small suv or hatchback wagon (pottery shows, livestock, plants, equipment, 1,000lb loads of clay)
    automatic
    2008 or newer
    fewer than 75,000 Miles.
    dh can fix it.

autotrader brought up a short list. I wil probably end up with another Ford Escape. But if anybody has a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, or a Jeep Patriot, i’ll Take feedback.

A donation is already being made to a favorite charity - they will be collecting the remains for scrap.

i have very tight parameters:
    under $12,000
    4WD
    small suv or hatchback wagon (pottery shows, livestock, plants, equipment, 1,000lb loads of clay)
    automatic
    2008 or newer
    fewer than 75,000 Miles.
    dh can fix it.

autotrader brought up a short list. I wil probably end up with another Ford Escape. But if anybody has a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, or a Jeep Patriot, i’ll Take feedback.

Fast passing on the right. It isn't just like you slowly creep up on someone but people who are in such a rush they speed by on right on the highway. I will be in a middle or left lane going traffic speed but leaving space, but someone is so determined to get one freakin car length ahead they swerve to the right and speed past. At least one time a month i am in the process of moving over to the right lane when someone does this.

The worst was carpooling back from new years retreat and my friend was doing this, while i was talking about it. We just spent 3 days on retreat so maybe we could be a little chill

We bought a Ford Escape. It actually has 85,000 miles on it, but it’s a 2012 in good condition, newish tires, and it came in $800 under budget with taxes and tags. It even has a couple of bells and whistles.

this is still in rants because - used car dealers!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    We bought a Ford Escape.
    OK I have to ask....what color. I love my ford escape in fact my mom is on her 2nd, my son got mom's first, and I have one. But I wish to God I hadn't bought red. Even in my small town I see 13 other red escapes daily!
    Last edited by Float On; 1-22-18 at 12:34pm.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    OK I have to ask....what color. I love my ford escape in fact my mom is on her 2nd, my son got her first, and I have one. But I wish to God I hadn't bought red. Even in my small town I see 13 other red escapes daily!
    Hold onto your hat CL.....I have owned no less than six Escapes. I find them to be average as far as reliability but I had a good friend that was the garage manager at the local ford dealer and he took care of every problem I had. My pet peeve is rattles and I can be very OCD when it comes to car noises. I have been know to trade a car in because of an unresolved rattle. Yeah. Nuts.

Escapes are the most owned vehicle in A erica, I saw that statistic once.

I have a version of the Escape, a Mercury Mariner.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    OK I have to ask....what color. I love my ford escape in fact my mom is on her 2nd, my son got her first, and I have one. But I wish to God I hadn't bought red. Even in my small town I see 13 other red escapes daily!
    I wish I had a red one, real red.

Mine is the ubiquitous metal colored SUV, boring as hell. In any parking lot there are a million of them. My trick for finding my car is to look for a lack of luggage rack on top, that is what makes it somewhat distinctive.

White.

for now.

soon to be “Ohio mud tan”

i never have have any trouble finding my car. It’s the one that screams “sUv”

edited to add - it was amusing how badly the second car salesman misread me. He kept going on and on and on about how clean the car was, and about how I would never notice the difference between a 4c and a 6c engine, and how I would never ever need to turn the traction control off (while dh was showing me the difference in how that worked between my previous car and the test drive) that was the red car.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Hold onto your hat CL.....I have owned no less than six Escapes. I find them to be average as far as reliability but I had a good friend that was the garage manager at the local ford dealer and he took care of every problem I had. My pet peeve is rattles and I can be very OCD when it comes to car noises. I have been know to trade a car in because of an unresolved rattle. Yeah. Nuts.
    My uncle bought a big fancy Lincoln Continental in the 70's (police auction) and he couldn't stand a rattle that was coming from the dashboard. Dad took apart the airvents and dash and found a little chain. Started pulling the chain out and on the end was a bag of dope!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information