Page 160 of 421 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

we no longer pick up the phone, land or cell, unless the person/company is on our call list. The caller must leave a message and occasionally we will pick up mid call. Everyone agrees that spam robo calls are out of control.

Related to that, I just got a new cell phone number. Appears that they recycle these numbers pretty quickly, because from day one I was getting text messages from strangers asking for "Janie" [fake name] as well as the auto calls from the pharmacy reminding her to pick up her prescriptions!
    I think I finally got these stopped but it took about a month.
    I hope Janie wasn't a violence victim because it seemed like she just dropped that number and didn't tell anyone her new number.

Oh no, I'm about to post a back to back peeve, but..

I'm attending a twice weekly exercise class. Teacher is great but has another job and so she shows up to class just a few minutes before it starts. Almost everyone is already there and just waiting to begin. But we have 2 ladies who like to waylay her as she comes in and is trying to set up her music, etc., just so they can chit chat with her. She is polite so the minutes are ticking by and we now are starting 5 minutes later than scheduled.
    So, my peeve is to ask once again for people to socialize after an event and let everyone start on time.
    Yes, I'm an ESTJ

Yppej
    The coworker who accused me of hiding and not processing checks, when they were held up because the person in the department that receives the Fedexes was out Good Friday and never gave them to me.

Ugh, mattress shopping! This SHOULD be easy because
    I want to buy exactly the same Serta mattress for my house that I bought, two of ‘em, for my Hermann house just last month.

Background: I ordered two mattresses exactly the same for my Hermann house from the local furniture dealer, via phone. I thought would pay a little more, tiny town doncha know, but
    I want to do business with them when possible so it was ok. That Hermann company said sure, we have a firm mattress on sale for (cant remember exact price, but with box springs the whole thing was under $600.) so, this is a simple, basic mattress.

so, today I call the nearest Serta dealer in my city of St. Louis. But those people cannot provide the same mattress for reasons I do not understand, although he threw shade on the dealer in
    Hermann intimating they might not be a certified Serta dealer. But they are. We had a long talk and he encouraged me to come in and look at their wares but hell, I dont want to, I just want to purchase exactly the same mattress.

Then I called the Serta “outlet”store which I found online and god knows where that is, but a lovely young lady with an Indian accent assured me that I could buy a Serta perfect Sleeper Aviano Firm mattress from her, to be made in Clear Lake, Iowa! So that is cool, employ the Iowans I always say. But wait—the price for this mattress alone was $973! When I protested she offered yet another discount with a set of sheets for $773. I then hung up.

I realize that mattresses sales are full of scam. This is why
    I just. Want. The. Same. Damn. Mattress. i. already. bought. All at a price near to what I paid in the tiny town of Hermann, MO.

I had a really good experience with the
    Hermann dealer—called ‘em up, ordered the stuff, paid for it, had it delivered, slept very well on these products.

Yppej
    Mattress shopping for DS last summer was a major hassle. I was glad we didn't try to do it during the semester.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Ugh, mattress shopping! This SHOULD be easy because
    I want to buy exactly the same Serta mattress for my house that I bought, two of ‘em, for my Hermann house just last month.

Background: I ordered two mattresses exactly the same for my Hermann house from the local furniture dealer, via phone. I thought would pay a little more, tiny town doncha know, but
    I want to do business with them when possible so it was ok. That Hermann company said sure, we have a firm mattress on sale for (cant remember exact price, but with box springs the whole thing was under $600.) so, this is a simple, basic mattress.

so, today I call the nearest Serta dealer in my city of St. Louis. But those people cannot provide the same mattress for reasons I do not understand, although he threw shade on the dealer in
    Hermann intimating they might not be a certified Serta dealer. But they are. We had a long talk and he encouraged me to come in and look at their wares but hell, I dont want to, I just want to purchase exactly the same mattress.

Then I called the Serta “outlet”store which I found online and god knows where that is, but a lovely young lady with an Indian accent assured me that I could buy a Serta perfect Sleeper Aviano Firm mattress from her, to be made in Clear Lake, Iowa! So that is cool, employ the Iowans I always say. But wait—the price for this mattress alone was $973! When I protested she offered yet another discount with a set of sheets for $773. I then hung up.

I realize that mattresses sales are full of scam. This is why
    I just. Want. The. Same. Damn. Mattress. i. already. bought. All at a price near to what I paid in the tiny town of Hermann, MO.

I had a really good experience with the
    Hermann dealer—called ‘em up, ordered the stuff, paid for it, had it delivered, slept very well on these products.
    Do you know someone with a truck? Get it from Hermann and deliver it yourself to St Louis.

Mattress shopping for us was like shopping at a used car dealer. Seems some dealers get some models or they change out models so they cannot be compared. I am thankful we don't have to replace often.

A new mattress is on our list and the thought of it makes me nuts.Along skinny wire was pulled out of our 35 year old or more mattress. I haven't noticed a big difference, so am waiting until I do. But, it's in the back of my mind. Good luck IL.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Do you know someone with a truck? Get it from Hermann and deliver it yourself to St Louis.
    We have a truck, but I dont really want to haul it 85 miles.

Thread Information