Page 165 of 421 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    How far before you say... "enough is enough?"
    If you're really looking for an answer (that is, not just venting, which is fine), I'd say "enough" is the point at which you'd look back and say, "What was I thinking to say ?" And then I would remove myself from the situation for as long as I felt I could. The stories you related here are similar to stories I could recount about myself lately. I like to think I usually have enough of a filter so I don't say everything I think. But when very little seems to be filtered out, I know it's time for me to take a break. Not that the situation fixes itself in my absence but it gives me enough time to think about what I want out of the situation and to maneuver accordingly.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Today I have 3 rants:

First, I had a hard time finding this Rant thread. Haha. But still a rant.

Second, the rant: what is this country coming to? Yes Donald Trump is bringing it all down, but get this: yesterday I stopped in to the fancy chocolate shop in the fancy mall and bought an almond cluster. ONE piece of candy. Do ya know how much that was? Betcha cant guess!!! It was—$3.67.WTF? What the ever loving F.

I guess they have to pay their rent in the posh mall, so they have to charge that much.

I go to this mall for the movie theater in it. it shows art films. During weekdays the mall is full senior citizens like myself and is calm, quiet, pretty, with nice furnishings and quiet, empty stores. It is kind of like a playground for rich old people during the week.

Third: I see that I am a primary contributor to this Rant thread, and that annoys me, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Today I have 3 rants
    Second: I'm guessing it was "artisanal" dark chocolate and probably organic almonds and coconut (or whatever inside) presented beautifully and not half-smooshed like its cheaper cousins come out of the vending machine. And, yes, the ambience of enjoying your almond cluster in such genteel surroundings.

I spent about an hour in one such mall a few weeks ago (killing time while the world was baking alive outside). It bothered me that the entire mall was filled with either everyday items (chairs, tables, pens, flowerpots) that were priced out of any proportion to their utility and (to me) esthetic qualities -- or clothing and "décor" that was less expensive but existed solely to show that the person buying it had more than enough money to cast those things aside when they were declared no longer fashionable. It made the artificially-created park outside, with its mulched plantings, decorative retaining walls, and piped-in music (really??) seem rather normal.

Third: Maybe it's that you are so optimistic compared to the rest of us, inured to "you can pay how much???" prices and "they did what???" behavior that such things still generate outrage in you, while we are so beaten down by so much of the modern world that we no longer find it comment-worthy.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

That was one expensive piece of candy. I have not been in a mall in years

Grumpy that twice in the last week I wrote a long-ish post here on these boards, not realizing that somehow I got logged out of the site while I was writing, so when I went to post it, it made me log in again and I lost both posts. I have no energy to rewrite them either...

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    Grumpy that twice in the last week I wrote a long-ish post here on these boards, not realizing that somehow I got logged out of the site while I was writing, so when I went to post it, it made me log in again and I lost both posts. I have no energy to rewrite them either...
    We are all still thinking about you, and when you want to share what is going on with you, do so. But until then, be well.

Yes definitely thinking about you.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    You have probably figured this out but copy the text, refresh the page, log back in, paste the text and post it. Ive lost text in the past and just assume I wasn’t supposed to share it in the first place.

I would not have blinked at that price if it was really high grade chocolate, but I'll still try to stick with Trader Joe's for most of my chocolate needs (because I am oh so frugal).

Some things are priced beyond belief. When in town for a Stratford Festival show, I stopped at a chocolate shop for an ice-cream cone. It was $5.60 for one small scoop!!!! i have decided that when my sense of values is shocked so badly, it is an educational experience that I needed to get at that point so wasn't wasted. I will not buy an ice cream cone at a chocolate place again. Funny how we rationalize our actions so that we don't bash our poor choices. LOL
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information