Page 170 of 422 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 4217

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I'm so sorry to hear about TomDog, Float on.

Of ou 8 dogs only 3 were rescued. No one wanted these 3. If a group had not taken them they would have been put down. All 3 were older, one couldn’t use her back end, one had Cushing disease and one was a deaf, not potty trained unsocialized puppy mill breeder. It took about 2 years before we could pet the last one. By the time she died at 20 she was very demanding of petting/love. I have a good friend that takes very old, sick or disabled poms and keeps them. She is usually their last chance. Fortunately she has both the time and money to provide great care. She usually has about 8-10 at a time. She is retired and this is her life. Coyote cookies are what we call cats that are allowed to go outside in the West. They don’t last long.

I'm so sorry about your pup, Float On.

I am having a helluva summer -on top of all the emotional upheaval my daughter's death has caused, it seems now I have a *dented* bone/fractured metatarsal on my right foot due to a really stupid mishap I had in the gallery the other night...it is actually a pretty good story and I keep telling myself I am going to laugh about it all otherwise I will start crying.

So this means for the third summer in the past four years I have had some sort of mishap that has caused me to not ambulate very well. What the heck is up with all this accident-proneness in my 50's?

Sad to hear that about TomDog, Float On... You gave him a good long run!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    So this means for the third summer in the past four years I have had some sort of mishap that has caused me to not ambulate very well. What the heck is up with all this accident-proneness in my 50's?
    Amazing run of bad luck or God's sign that you should invest in bubble wrap? How long do the doctors say you'll be down before things get back to "normal"?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    My rants seem petty. I'm sorry for your losses and mishaps Float On and SiouzQ.

Yppj ~ No worries, we all have things to rant about and get off our chests!

SteveinMN ~ not sure yet as I don't go to the ortho doctor until Thursday. For now crutches (God, I HATE using crutches) and the goofy platform sole shoe-let with velcro straps. This is the day after my long-awaited MRI appointment on Wednesday regarding the carpal tunnel and other wrist issues I have been having, probably looking at some sort of wrist surgery in the fall. Yeah, so using crutches when your wrists are bad is no fun at all.

One of these days I will bring you all up-to-date, the life of Siouxz.Q in the desert, the good, bad and the ugly. I just don't have the energy to go into it all yet...otherwise, I am actually doing okay considering....

Be kind to yourself, SQ.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

So sorry to hear the loss of your furry friend, Float One. Thoughts are with you too SQ!

Thread Information