Page 175 of 422 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Who still uses AOL? Dang.
    I'm gonna guess that someone who has an AOL email address has had it for some time now. One reason I have my own Internet domain is that I've discovered that changing email addresses is almost as hard as moving to a new house. With my own domain, the company that provides the service is no longer of consequence to anyone but me (assuming they get the job done); I can change all the stuff underneat and don't have to inform anyone of "my new address".
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    I'm gonna guess that someone who has an AOL email address has had it for some time now. One reason I have my own Internet domain is that I've discovered that changing email addresses is almost as hard as moving to a new house. With my own domain, the company that provides the service is no longer of consequence to anyone but me (assuming they get the job done); I can change all the stuff underneat and don't have to inform anyone of "my new address".
    I do that as well. I've hosted my own mail server and I've farmed it out to one of the big players and now I'm considering bringing it back home again, and nobody knows but me.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

This new “sharing economy” is a pain in my butt. This took place last night around the cornwr from me.

I feel sorry for my neighbor who had all of her tires stolen.

B58BBF75-81B1-4D25-8392-5FD89C5981DD.jpg

Too much crime for me in that neighborhood.

I'd be selling and relocating to Herman, I think. Life's too short.

Yppej
    Bosses who are happy to collect the six figure salaries but never want to deal with any issues.

I have a vestibular issue and the medication I have to take for it is so awful. Without the meds I have no sense of balance and insane tinnitus; with the meds I have a constant headache, upset stomach, fatigue, and feel like all the joy of life is sucked out of me. Sux.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    I have a vestibular issue and the medication I have to take for it is so awful. Without the meds I have no sense of balance and insane tinnitus; with the meds I have a constant headache, upset stomach, fatigue, and feel like all the joy of life is sucked out of me. Sux.
    Ah,
    I am so sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Is it something the Epley maneuver can't alleviate ?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Is it something the Epley maneuver can't alleviate ?
    Unfortunately, no. It's a nerve compression syndrome, similar to trigeminal neuralgis. Pretty rare (or at least rarely diagnosed) - it's called vestibular paroxysmia. I've tried alternatives but the meds are the only thing that keep me functioning, albeit somewhat miserably. I've had numerous bouts; it usually lasts 3-6 months.
    Here's hoping this is a short one!

(I actually suspect this problem is relatively common but doctors just don't know about it. They hear "tinnitus" and just throw up their hands.)

Thread Information