Page 179 of 421 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I woke at 4am with pain in my eye and now have what looks like a raging case of pink eye. Either that or an insect bite on my eyelid. This has been a rollercoaster week - I'm ready to get off!

G, pink eye is horrible. Ugh!

Thanks for the sympathy, TT. It truly does suck, in a bearable yet hideous way. One of the minor curses.

Had a semi-routine blood draw this morning. Set up the appointment at the University hospital super-early because it was a fasting test and I wanted to be done and on my way home before rush hour. I'm not sure why they could not draw the blood locally and ship the sample, but ... rules.

I was told when I made my appointment to go to the University Hospital lab. I got to the hospital early, parked, and went in to no signage whatsoever. The security guard sent me to the wrong place (Children's sedation and observation? How is that at all related to an adult's blood test?); "Peds sedation" directed me to an outpatient lab that didn't open until one hour past my appointment time, and I finally wandered into the ER to find where I was supposed to be, only to be directed to the hospital's other campus. At which they checked me in, collected my hand-carried orders, and left me standing for 15 minutes until I asked the "concierge" (srsly?) what was going on, and then I was ushered in for my blood draw. Sans the orders, which are hanging around somewhere in the lab. Good thing my doctor called ahead. An hour and 15 minutes after my appointment time, I was on my way home. Mmmf...

Please, please, please, oh great University health system, send me a patient-satisifaction survey request! And then put on your Kevlar gloves. You're gonna need 'em.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Rant and rave.

Rant: Last week I spent at a Road Scholar retreat for rug hooking class. Instructor was insulting and demeaning and I left in tears. Then she tried to do the same thing to the retreat's program director who later told me they fired her. Then the meals the whole week were subpar and in some cases awful. Almost everything was boiled,steamed or microwaved and of very poor quality. So, I submitted my evaluation after typing a 4 page word document of specifics which I copied into the online evaluation. I know it is read carefully by RS.

Rave: RS refunded my whole fee. The quality of their customer service call was exceptional. They listened carefully and had a lot of empathy.

It was the conference center that hired the instructor and provided the meals. I know RS will follow up appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Rant and rave.

Rant: Last week I spent at a Road Scholar retreat for rug hooking class. Instructor was insulting and demeaning and I left in tears. Then she tried to do the same thing to the retreat's program director who later told me they fired her. Then the meals the whole week were subpar and in some cases awful. Almost everything was boiled,steamed or microwaved and of very poor quality. So, I submitted my evaluation after typing a 4 page word document of specifics which I copied into the online evaluation. I know it is read carefully by RS.

Rave: RS refunded my whole fee. The quality of their customer service call was exceptional. They listened carefully and had a lot of empathy.

It was the conference center that hired the instructor and provided the meals. I know RS will follow up appropriately.
    I wondered what Road Scholar is like. Are there any rating systems for individual programs? How could you know ahead of time about the quality of the program?

But good for you getting a full refund!! Good move on RS's part.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I wondered what Road Scholar is like. Are there any rating systems for individual programs? How could you know ahead of time about the quality of the program?

But good for you getting a full refund!! Good move on RS's part.
    RS has reviews by participants (unless, of course, it is a first-time trip). The other thing to watch is the activity level. We have been on 3 RS trips and 2 were excellent.

This was my 15th RS trip. All are generally excellent. We are going to Florida with them in Dec. and we returned a month or so ago from Pittsburgh. So they know we do like the company and are not just special snowflakes expecting a lot for a little money. But bad has to be called out with specific examples.

I like the detail that is on the website. I have not selected certain trips because of a lack of activity or too many hotel meals.

What a day!!! Set the alarm to go to exercise, came home and quickly got dressed to go to a meeting. Got about 3 miles from home and the road was closed so had to find an alternate route. Got to the meeting place and no one is there. Jeez...the meeting is next week. So, go back to my car and find that I was parked in a yellow zone near a fire hydrant that is located right across the street from the police station. Thankfully, I did not get a ticket. The other positive was that the meeting was to be held at the library had a book sale going on and I found the book I was going to order today online ... cost $0.50!

One customer is so over the top.

They had told me earlier in the week that if 3 containers on the same train were all available at the same time, they wanted the containers delivered in a certain order. I updated them this morning on top of the email they sent that gave the specific order. I wrote “All containers are now available. Trucker advised of delivery priority you requested below.”

Owner of the company called chewing me out that I did not say “X container will be delivered first, then Y container, then Z container.”

You are so freaking stupid that everything has to be spelled out for you? Fine, now you will be treated as someone who cannot read, cannot string a f’ing coherent sentence together, and are essentially in-freaking-capable of not getting through daily life.

And when they bitch about X not being done, I would love to tell them, well, since you need everything spelled out in your emails, repeating what you had told me, it’s taking time away from other things.

Idiots. I hope a bus hits you! Or even better, one of your containers!

Thread Information