Page 180 of 422 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 4213

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Owner of the company called chewing me out that I did not say “X container will be delivered first, then Y container, then Z container.”
    Makes you wonder how some companies stay in business... Of course, in this case that is not a given.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I wish I had the right to pull people over who are texting on their phones while driving........you know........like Gomer Pyle's "Citizen's Arrest!!".

I had a moment like Steve's in trying to find where I needed to be. Pet peeve about signage, yet again.
    The city had a collection drive for basic supplies for a charity shelter. Great, I gathered up a whole basket of items and drive in rush hour to the park where the drop-off is. But this particular park is huge - like city blocks huge - and is fenced and gated. Are there signs? No.

I'm circling the park and finally found a side entrance, but still no signage. I see off in the distance a colored pop-up tent with a few people there, and a few police officers nearby, and make my way there. They are all smiling, talking to each other, and they notice my car approaching and take my donation. They thanked me and were very appreciative, but I realized driving away that I should have asked them again to post someone, or post a sign, at the entrances so we could find them. Oh well, next year.

p.s. I've participated and even organized some of these events myself so I'm considering volunteering my expertise again sometime for some of these types of events. Gotta cover the basics, people, including advertising and fool-proof signage.

Yppej
    I got the judge to dismiss me from the case where I had shysters representing me. It was 7 lawyers and little old me and they convinced him to put a gag order on me so I can't discuss how they were ripping off the plaintiffs in the case. I am relieved to be done with it, but what a waste of time and some costs, including gas and parking today. The judge would not listen to anything I wanted to say about attorney misconduct because he said it is subject to attorney client privilege. The whole system is set up by lawyers to benefit lawyers. Earlier I had tried to fire my attorneys and I couldn't do it without missing work.

I did ensure they were also withdrawn as representing me.

It remains to be seen if my complaint to the Office of Bar Counsel goes anywhere. Luckily I filed it before the gag order went into effect.

Lawyers on both sides were almost slapping each other's backs, and clearly happy they got the deal screwing the little people out of their settlement money done. You would think they were best buddies and not opposing counsel.
    Last edited by Yppej; 10-23-18 at 8:43pm. Reason: Typo

Y, that’s really terrible!

Yppej
    Thanks for the sympathy TT. It has left me drained, but with that not hanging over my head I will be free to pursue a job closer to home. Two recruiters called me regarding permanent jobs recently but I didn't want to start someplace new and have to take off time for a trial during my probationary period.

I really hope you can find a job you like closer. A long commute is so draining.

Same customer I ranted about a few days ago.

When containers are off the train, we are sent the pickup number and last free day (you get 2 days before containers begin accruing storage charges of at least $100/day).

Customer was complaining that containers were off the train overnight, pickup numbers sent to trucker when I arrived in office at 8 am, and that containers weren’t delivered before noon. I told him pickup numbers are sent to the forwarder/broker, not the trucker. I asked him if he expected me to check work email in the middle of the night on the off chance pickup numbers might come through, and then send to trucker, who gets into office at 7am. He sort of sputtered. I told him that as I am not a supervisor or manager I do not have access to any work email when not in the office and if he expected manager/supervisor to watch for the emails in the middle of the night. He spluttered some more and finally dropped it.

Jeppy, what a load of crap you have had thrown at you! Sorry about it all.

Yppej
    Thanks IL. My son tried to cheer me up with Mega Millions tickets but I didn't win anything. However, I appreciated the gesture.
    Last edited by Yppej; 10-24-18 at 5:55pm. Reason: Punctuation

Thread Information