Page 194 of 422 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 4217

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    This isn't exactly a rant, but my stroke-affected relative, who had to sell her house due to medical expenses (the rant part) just used the proceeds to buy a tidy prefab in a senior park. It's a nice, safe area and she's happy with it. I'm sending her an Instant Pot as a housewarming gift.
    That's what Mom did after Dad died. When she died, it was sold in a matter of weeks full price cash offer w 7d possession requirement. She had a lawn that was cared for under the monthly rental. Her flower beds were her work. She LOVED it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    That's what Mom did after Dad died. When she died, it was sold in a matter of weeks full price cash offer w 7d possession requirement. She had a lawn that was cared for under the monthly rental. Her flower beds were her work. She LOVED it!
    She's planning on installing raised beds with wheelchair access--she's an avid gardener. (That gene skipped me.)
    She notes happily that there's a sushi restaurant, a coffee shop, and a cannabis dispensary all within easy wheeling distance of the new place.

When I read IL's rant about the copier on Tradd's thread, I thought about a peeve/rant I had yesterday.

I went first thing in the morning to drop off DHs (sorry to be indelicate) stool sample at the lab (national chain lab). I dropped it off for expediency--I could have also put it in the mail.

So when I walked in at 8am on Monday the place was mobbed. I walked up with my stuff and said "I just need to drop this off."

The person behind the desk said, "Please sign in at the kiosk and select 'specimen drop-off'". So I went to one of the kiosks. Thankfully we were already in the system and I only had to manually input 3 screens of information.

I didn't see any specimen buckets for drop-off, so I went back to the desk and said, "I don't have to wait for all these other people, right?? I'm only dropping this off." She said, "No, you don't have to wait. Please sit down." (Hmm. Sit down and do what? Not wait?)

So I wound up waiting for 10 minutes to have someone input the drop off into the computer. Then I simply walked to the drop-off place and dropped it off.

Next time it goes in the mail.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Woke up today wondering why the Mueller report is so much more important to the news media than our friends and neighbors in the areas being flooded and what they are doing or might need?

Magic lilies are the bane of my existence here in Hermann. I do not exaggerate when I say I have dug out 12 buckets ( 5 gallon buckets!) of the things. I give them away. We also composted many of them.

This is now my second year of digging the MF things. At some point I want to, ya know, plant my own stuff and not have to suffer the crap previous owners put in the ground.

The rampant non- blooming daylily. The ubiquitous non blooming Siberian iris. There is way too much of this junk.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Magic lilies.
    Is that the ones also called suprise? Tall, usually pink. Spring up overnight. UGLY!!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Is that the ones also called suprise? Tall, usually pink. Spring up overnight. UGLY!!
    yes. Aka surprise lilies or naked ladies.

I like the flowers because they bloom at a time when all of my perennials are done blooming. However they take up so much damn room. And then, after the Flowers disappear, I don’t know where they are underground and like last year I planted important plants on top of them and now I can’t dig out some of the clumps of magic lilies because I’ll disturb the roots of the other good plants and oh woe is me

Nothing like turning Easter into a time to give your kids more crap........including a whoopee cushion.

Cancer is a bi**h. A friend's husband was fairly recently diagnosed with lung cancer (not a smoker but is a farmer). Tumor wrapped around parts of his heart so surgery unsuccessful. The doctors resorted to chemo and radiation. Suddenly they found it had spread to his bones. It is so hard to see such a lovely tight family so hurt and afraid. The wife is also undergoing subsequent testing to see why her thyroid cancer markers are so high (she had treatment last year for thyroid cancer.)

It is just so sad.

Sweet, that’s really sad. A couple we were good friends with both died of cancer. We did a lot of things together and really miss them.

Thread Information