Page 195 of 422 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 4219

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Cancer is a bi**h. A friend's husband was fairly recently diagnosed with lung cancer (not a smoker but is a farmer). Tumor wrapped around parts of his heart so surgery unsuccessful. The doctors resorted to chemo and radiation. Suddenly they found it had spread to his bones. It is so hard to see such a lovely tight family so hurt and afraid. The wife is also undergoing subsequent testing to see why her thyroid cancer markers are so high (she had treatment last year for thyroid cancer.) It is just so sad.
    Jo! Today's report was awful. The family has been through so much in the last 2 years....... Both my parents died of cancer. Cancer sucks!

Gardnr, I met Jo at the retreat she organized with Bonnie Hunter. She is just as nice a person in person as on her blog.

Everyone on my mom’s side of the family has died of cancer also. My husband got prostrate cancer at 49 but is in remission.

I'm not handicapped, but I do use the handicapped restroom at work, which also doubles as an all-gender restroom. My peeve is: guys who leave the seat up. I feel like putting up a sign above the toilet that says: Picture this--you're in a wheelchair, and you can barely get the door to this room open because the administration is too lazy to put an automatic door on it. You wheel yourself over to the toilet, and before you can sit on it, you have to touch the dirty seat that some inconsiderate person left up for you.

On another level, I think it's insulting to anyone to leave a seat up.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalone View Post
    I think it is sometimes left up by men for the same reason it's left down by women, they're both inconsiderate of the others needs.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I'm not handicapped, but I do use the handicapped restroom at work, which also doubles as an all-gender restroom. My peeve is: guys who leave the seat up. I feel like putting up a sign above the toilet that says: Picture this--you're in a wheelchair, and you can barely get the door to this room open because the administration is too lazy to put an automatic door on it. You wheel yourself over to the toilet, and before you can sit on it, you have to touch the dirty seat that some inconsiderate person left up for you.

I imagine most people in wheelchairs carry grabbers (I have one in practically every room, and in my car). But you're right--wh o wants to deal with biohazard on their way to the toilet.

It a woman’s restroom so seat should not be up just because others are allowed to use it. The people I know in wheelchairs don’t carry grabbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It a woman’s restroom so seat should not be up just because others are allowed to use it.
    You women are a possessive bunch.

I'm not handicapped, but I do use the handicapped restroom at work, which also doubles as an all-gender restroom.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

You women are a possessive bunch.
    I just look at it in terms of simple math: women need it down all the time, men need it down some of the time. Plus women tend to go more often than men, per my observation.

So, (#times women use the facility) + (#times that men use the facility with the seat down) > (#times men use the facility with the seat up).

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    I just look at it in terms of simple math: women need it down all the time, men need it down some of the time. Plus women tend to go more often than men, per my observation.

So, (#times women use the facility) + (#times that men use the facility with the seat down) > (#times men use the facility with the seat up).
    All meaningless numbers without also calculating the percentage of women vs the percentage of men within the total workforce.

Thread Information