Page 196 of 422 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    All meaningless numbers without also calculating the percentage of women vs the percentage of men within the total workforce.
    Plus, having the seat up is very bad Feng shui.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Plus, having the seat up is very bad Feng shui.
    Ha ha, now that changes everything.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    My rant today is about people who are rude on the bus. I realize it's public transportation and scattered here and there, there are going to be some loonies in the mix but I'm not fond of being told I can't stand somewhere - that I'll have to move - because I'm white. You could say this is what minorities have to deal with and I'll grant that, though usually in subtler forms - but I'm not racial. If I were surely you'all would have picked up on that by now.

At any rate, I survived to my stop and got off the bus intact but....that just sucked. That's all. Rob

Yppej
    This month's National Geographic issue on cities talks about rats living in sewer lines and peeking their heads up in toilet bowls. My lid is staying down!

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    My rant today is about people who are rude on the bus. I realize it's public transportation and scattered here and there, there are going to be some loonies in the mix but I'm not fond of being told I can't stand somewhere - that I'll have to move - because I'm white. You could say this is what minorities have to deal with and I'll grant that, though usually in subtler forms - but I'm not racial. If I were surely you'all would have picked up on that by now.

At any rate, I survived to my stop and got off the bus intact but....that just sucked. That's all. Rob
    Well ya know Rob there are plenty of people who will tell you that you ARE “racial” (I think you meant racist) simply because of your privileged upbringing. But being woke and all to those invictim land, I am sure this is not news to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It a woman’s restroom so seat should not be up just because others are allowed to use it. The people I know in wheelchairs don’t carry grabbers.
    I'm pretty sure the chair user I know does--I'll have to ask. How would you pick things up, otherwise?
    Knowing me, I'd carry a full complement of accessories, but that's just how I roll...

I think it is sometimes left up by men for the same reason it's left down by women, they're both inconsiderate of the others needs.
    Have you ever sat down with the seat up? You fall in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Have you ever sat down with the seat up? You fall in!!!!
    I'm familiar with the problem, let's just say I've been awakened in the middle of the night by the scream "Allllaaaaannn!" more than once.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Love these delightful insightful discussions that have a basis in reality as well. My chuckle for the evening so thanks for that.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I'm familiar with the problem, let's just say I've been awakened in the middle of the night by the scream "Allllaaaaannn!" more than once.
    You make me VERY thankful to have my DH in more ways than one.

Thread Information