Page 2 of 421 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

People who carry only $20 bills and need to pay $2. I was at the theatre today and a theatre patron who knew he was getting a hearing assistive device which costs $2 and gave a $20. At 5 minutes to showtime, there was a lineup of 10 people behind him and the staff had $2 and the right bills in change but not the final $1 to make change. She offered to reimburse him at intermission but he insisted that she find the extra $1 from the box office until those of us who had pre-ordered the device and were waiting to pick them up started grumbling loudly enough for him to hear. Finally he said 'OK, I'll come back".

Keep a few coins handy!

Quote Originally Posted by Weston View Post
    Kind of reminds me of a great routine that Lily Tomlin did many years ago....

"And here we are careening recklessly into the next millenium. I don't know about you, but I'm not packed... I feel as though I've been lost and bewildered most of my life. Like the time I bought a wastepaper basket and I carried it home in a paper bag. And when I got home, I put the paper bag in the wastepaper basket."
    I miss Lily Tomlin! Edith Ann is my role model for being a most excellent cranky old lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Speaking of hard to get into packaging. I needed a pair of scissors to get into the packaging for .....the new pair of scissors I bought.
    Good one!

About the $20 bills....in all fairness I have to say that they are the only bills dispensed by the ATMs for most banks. I wish we could get some $5 or $10 bills, but it doesn't seem possible at the ATMs in this area.

People who write checks to pay for purchases in stores, especially grocery stores. Back in the day when I wrote checks for such purchases, I had the check written so I just had to enter the amount when the cashier rang up the sale. Now people don't bother to take their checkbook out of their purses until the sale is rung up. Drives me nuts!

Working for an 80 year old business owner...who should have retired long ago but due to false pride and a life-long super-inflated ego, will not give it up. "He will be dancing on our graves" a direct quote during one of our useless employee meetings.
    I got bitched at today for not stacking some fliers correctly and I am fifty years old.

Glo, the day is coming soon when checks will no longer be available to the average person. I wonder what those folks will do then.

Quote Originally Posted by Glo View Post
    People who write checks to pay for purchases in stores, especially grocery stores. Back in the day when I wrote checks for such purchases, I had the check written so I just had to enter the amount when the cashier rang up the sale. Now people don't bother to take their checkbook out of their purses until the sale is rung up. Drives me nuts!
    I'll add people who just won't use email. My response to "I'm not a computer person" is "I'm not a phone person". My phone has been unplugged since I retired because I hate the d@mn things. It is not convenient for me to be interrupted whenever it is convenience for whoever to call. The phone will no doubt become even more loathesome next year when the presidential competition heats up, although I must say I did enjoy hanging up on Bill Clinton a few years back.

Mrs-M
    People still living in the 70's who throw cigarette butts out the windows of their vehicles! I smoked for years, yet never used to toss my butts out the window. Also, I never got in the habit of throwing my spent butt down onto the sidewalk in the path of others. Took but a second to stop, take one last drag of cigarette, then butt it out on the curb, away from peoples walking space.

Mrs-M
    Also, change counters at busy checkouts! Grrr!!! Or, what I just happened upon a few weeks back. A lady, directly in front of me at the liquor store, was pulling out every stitch of change she had, slowly, as if she was the only one in the line that day, and after she was satisfied with the result, she proceeded to tell the cashier, "I want to use as much change as possible, while keeping the most dollar bills". At that point, the cashier glanced over at me and rolled his eyes as if to relay to me, "I'm sorry for the wait", so with a friendly smile, I rolled my eyes back at him as if to say, "it's OK". His frustration over the lady was apparent.

Thread Information