Page 208 of 422 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 4212

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I can relate to your aggravation. In my Toyota PriusV, I have a smallish fob with all the other keys on the ring for the house, mailbox, etc. I rarely use the fob as I can touch the door handle with the fob in my purse/fanny pack and it opens very well. Touch the handle and it locks. The key in the fob has been out twice in 5 years. The garage door opener is on my visor but that won't work for your situation. Could you do the garage door with a smart phone app of some kind or is that what Alan means with Homelink?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Could you do the garage door with a smart phone app of some kind or is that what Alan means with Homelink?
    Homelink is a vehicle based wireless control system and found in many newer cars. It's integrated in my rear view mirror and in my wife's overhead console.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I also have a fob for my 2007 Prius (it probably was a real innovation back then). I actually love it because I just keep it in my bag and never have to fumble for keys. I'm not a key person. But I recall one time when my battery went dead in a Trenton parking deck when I was traveling and so the fob didn't work and it took two days plus my mechanically-minded son to figure out that there was a real key IN the fob.

I'm happy for you and your well-deserved new car, IL! But as you say, with new fancy-schmantzy things comes extra effort to guard them. I think razz and Alan have good suggestions for tying in your garage door with some type of app you can use from your phone.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I dont have pockets.

I dont carry a purse 85% of the time.

I sure as hell dont carry the dumb smart phone.

I want lightweight things to hang around my neck. With my regular car I have
    1) car key
    2) house key.

They hang on a keychain, attached to a lanyard. That was a wonderful technological advance when my friend put the lanyard in my hand saying “here you need this!” After he saw me carrying my keys in my teeth for hands-free work. I am kind of a Neanderthal.

Just curious--if you don't carry a purse and you don't have pockets, where do you put your "stuff"? (Money, credit cards, license, lipstick)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

At this point, I won't buy pants or other clothing items without pockets. I had a pair of leggings I wore a few times before I relegated them to the donation bag for that reason. I do have a tiny 4"x 3" pouch that can hold my flip phone, ID, cards and cash if need be; most of the time I wear a cross-body bag.

I do the same thing Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Just curious--if you don't carry a purse and you don't have pockets, where do you put your "stuff"? (Money, credit cards, license, lipstick)
    I dont carry that stuff 85% of the time. Because I am jetting around the neighborhood – to the community garden. To our big garden in the next neighborhood over. To a board meeting. To a neighborhood meeting— who needs it? Copy of license is in my car.Otherwise, I’m going someplace with DH and he carries all the money so in that case I have no reason to take anything with me.

Part of the reason why I don’t want to carry personal objects like that is because I’m always taking with me note books and manuals and etc. for my meetings. That is enough to haul around. I love having my keys hang around my neck because I always know where they are.

I do need to replace my clutch wallet thing Since the zippers have broken and I hold it together with rubber bands. Me and my stuff —so attractive! Not. But I am waiting for a time when I can go to an actual store to see if I can get something that will hold my cell phone when it is in a case. I’ve not managed to do that in more than six months it’s just not a priority

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Is this appetizing? You decide. Perhaps there are fans of old dead looking brown cherries here.
    Doesn't look appetizing to me. Then again, I like(d) fresh cherries, but I don't care for cherry-flavored anything (danish, pie, cough drops, etc.). I'll note those don't look much different from canned (jarred) cherries I've seen in some of the goormay food stores around here. I suspect that's what happens to cherries which are not treated with a preservative to keep the red color. I'd rather go without that additive than have cherry-red canned cherries.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Told a neighbor who has a Chavellier King Charles spaniel that if they ever went on vacation and needed someone to dogsit we would be available. We would enjoy the "dog fix". Well, they had all relatives going to the same venue so asked us if we would like to watch their dog. Should have known when they brought a shock collar for barking that there were issues. Our house is not open so the dog could not see out so the barking was minimized. However, he bolted just inside the door and ran... full bore! We freaked. Luckily, a neighbor who knows the dog saw him and picked him up. He called the owner and said are you guys aware that he is running loose. They said to watch for us. And, of course, we were at their house looking for the dog thinking he went home. The dog goes on furniture and sleeps with them. We do not allow that. Immediately, the dog was put on alert. He did fairly well. This has cemented our desire to no longer have a dog. We thought it would be nice to have a dog for awhile. NEVER AGAIN.

Thread Information