Page 212 of 421 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I am having so much anxiety about all the money regarding this house we bought; I vacillate between excitement and abject panic just about every other hour. This weekend is move-in, and the electrician has been there working on some issues and now it seems a new electrical issue just cropped up in that the power between the kitchen wall and the bathroom suddenly isn't working. It was working this morning when I was there, so I don't know if he blew a breaker or something while he was working on the bathroom or what. I've been in the gallery all day so K. is going up there to check on things.

The new roof over the studio room just cost us about a $1000....the electrician quoted $680 for all the stuff he was doing today. I just hope this latest thing turns out to be minor.

Please help me not panic too much! I've spent $5350 in the last three weeks and as a money hoarder it feels so foreign and bizarre!

SiouzQ, does it help if you remind yourself that you saved the money so you could spend it on something special someday, And this house is your Special?
    Really, your expenditures don’t sound extravagant at all, all pretty normal. And I’m impressed if the entire roof problem was solved with only $1K.

I wonder if your anxiety is not only about spending, but also about spending on a joint project with a romantic partner. That takes trust and involves a certain loss of control.

Yes. And yes. It's all those things, and also the way I perceive money in my mind. When we first started this venture K. asked how much money I would be comfortable putting in up front, and I looked at my savings and very easily said around $6000. I think what freaks me out is seeing the endless list of charges for a hundred here, several hundred there, paying the roofer, electrician, etc, etc. So it's that old cliche', "it never seems to end!"

The house is looking really beautiful - the living room and dining area are mostly done and the furnishings are in. We still want to paint one of the walls a rich pumpkin accent color but we'll wait until the proverbial dust settles a little. I am still not all the way moved in and our bed hasn't been delivered yet so we've been sleeping in the loft.

I'm going to try and post some photos a little later.

Fkng thieves around here.

I am having some, errr, problems in getting a routine down about using our garage and the garage opener. Before my latest car purchase, I always parked on the street and I didn’t mess around with our garage. But now I park new car in garage and have to deal with the opener. Anyway –

I am mistakenly opening the garage door when I don’t intend it to be open and that allows any thieves walking down the alley, and there are a lot of them each day, to dart in and steal something. Our weed whacker is missing so likely it was stolen in the last couple of weeks.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-29-19 at 3:18pm.

That is a bummer, IL!! It sucks getting robbed.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Dare I say blame Trump for enabling you to buy the car that creates the need for the garage door opener that attracts the local thieves to steal the other items in your garage?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Dare I say blame Trump for enabling you to buy the car that creates the need for the garage door opener that attracts the local thieves to steal the other items in your garage?
    Damn that Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Damn that Trump!
    What a satanically devious redistribution program. I always knew Trump was a Democrat at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    What a satanically devious redistribution program. I always knew Trump was a Democrat at heart.
    Love it!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information