Page 22 of 422 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I'm having one of those days that no matter which project I'm working on I run into a wall. Need another part, need more information, need another set of hands. Gah!

Are you people NUTS!!!!???? It rained 3+" within the past few days, all I did was dodge rainstorms since Friday, and this morning you have all watering systems on FULL BLAST at the community garden??? Complete and utter idiots. HOW am I going to keep you from ruining my lilies this year, you fools?

lose/lo͞oz/verb:

1.Be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something): "I've lost my appetite".
    2.Cause (someone) to fail to gain or retain (something): "I want to lose weight."

loose/lo͞os/Adjective:
    Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached: "a loose tooth".

Verb:
    Set free; release: "the hounds have been loosed".

Within the past two weeks I've placed three orders with Drugstore.com. The one I wanted most and for which I had already waited six days was damaged by UPS and you'd think the order was worth thousands of dollars the way UPS is fussing around "investigating". It was supposed to be delivered yesterday and now it's more like who-knows-when. UPS said they would notify the sender, but I haven't heard a thing from Drugstore.com, so I suspect they don't even know yet. SIGH. Dunno what to do at this point - go out and replace the products if I can find them locally or wait and fume.

Fish ponds and cell phones DON'T mix, as it turns out!

People who say, "OK?" to end an uncomfortable conversation quickly. It minimizes the significance of my concern and is dismissive. I have started to say, "No. It's not OK." in response, then sometimes go on to explain why it's not OK.

[QUOTE=Florence;77796]lose & loose

Oh, I make that mistake about 50% of the time. I hate making it. I really do know the difference, even if I have to think about it.

Magazines that come in plastic bags. And 'National Geographic' too, for Pete's sake.

I spill food all over, all the time!!! I boil it over, plop it on the stove, muck up the microwave, dribble and drabble. I just want to stay clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

My boss bought a betta fish for the kid's salon, which hasn't opened yet. The fish is in a small glass goblet--she has no clue on how to take care of it and figures that I'll do it. Of course, I feel sorry for it and have been changing the water (incorrectly, with non-treated room temp. tap water; it's the best I can do there). I can't find any food for it so I'll have to bring in some of my own.

When she decides she's tired of it, she'll flush it down the toilet, just as she did with another betta a few years ago. I don't want another one as keeping one fish correctly is a lot of work. But I can't watch it die in filthy water.

Thread Information