Page 266 of 422 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 4217

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The street sweeping machine that always runs in the middle of the night, backs up with its beep beep beep, and wakes me up. I heard it three different times last night. When done in quiet residential areas without a lot of traffic this could be done during the day.
    In my city they certainly run the street sweeper during the day. Oh yeah, and Hermann just got a street sweeper and I heard it running a couple day ago, during the day.They run in daytime because there are more cars off the street because people have taken their cars to work.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 4-16-21 at 12:16pm.

It runs in the middle of the night here too, and I agree that it's pretty annoying. Maybe it's a MA thing.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    It runs in the middle of the night here too, and I agree that it's pretty annoying. Maybe it's a MA thing.
    And what harebrain decided to sweep up the sand last night when snow is coming in tonight through tomorrow and they will have to sand again?

And what harebrain decided to sweep up the sand last night when snow is coming in tonight through tomorrow and they will have to sand again?
    They're going to sand? If it snowed here on April 16 (where we get five feet of snow a year) they'd just wait the day or two it would take to melt. Unless they had to plow it. But they certainly would not spend $$ on salt or sand. As a taxpayer, I'm absolutely fine with that.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    They're going to sand? If it snowed here on April 16 (where we get five feet of snow a year) they'd just wait the day or two it would take to melt. Unless they had to plow it. But they certainly would not spend $$ on salt or sand. As a taxpayer, I'm absolutely fine with that.
    Yeah, we have had snow all morning, and I am hoping it will be gone by tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, by Sunday.

My rosebushes I planted hope so, too.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Sand trucks were out in some towns - I saw them on my ride into work - but not in my city by the time I left.

Sand trucks were out in some towns - I saw them on my ride into work - but not in my city by the time I left.
    Most of the winter, I hope our road clearing crews are as obsessive as yours are. St. Paul has a reputation metro-wide for doing the worst job at clearing streets. I admire their consistency.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

This isn't really a rant, but it's a complaint. I am the family hermit and DH is the family ringleader. So we always have to compromise; otherwise, I'd have the mailman and the bar buddies at our house 24/7. I had a really long, stressful work week last week--probably 70 hours.

Friday our neighbors T&C&M came up and came by for pre-dinner drinks. That was fine. Last night, he invited them over again--we had a nice time, but I didn't get to bed until midnight. This morning we went to Burlington to see our son, and this afternoon, our DD and DSIL are coming. In the meantime, our neighbors that have a second residence here came for the night--they'e good friends. So DH invites T&C&M plus K&D to join DD and DSIL for DINNER! We were planning on pulled pork for DD/DSIL but there's just enough so I told him that I hope he's Jesus Christ so he can pull some loaves and fishes out of the air.

I'm just not in the mood for a big shebang today. Did that Friday. Did it again on Saturday. Don't want anything to interfere with quality time with DD. I'm tired. ..

Oh, well, it's all good. They're all good people, but my introverted self is hitting a wall right about now.

ETA: The other fly in the ointment is that DSIL doesn't know that K&D are here and he is extremely angry with K because of something he said to DSIL's mother at the wedding last fall. So THAT will be awkward if they wind up at our table together tonight.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I am a extrovert and that would be too much for me after working that many hours. Hoping it went okay.

Yppej
    Those online calendars that start with the present month and make you click backwards month by month to select on your date of birth vs letting you type it in. It takes a long time if you are older.

Thread Information