Page 270 of 421 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Yppej
    I do not have an ATM card. I have seen too many episodes on the ID channel where someone is kidnapped and held hostage, forced daily to go withdraw money from the ATM and give it to their captor.

Anyways, I spoke to the call center manager today and she told me they are bringing in a new phone system by the end of the year and it will have telephone banking.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I do not have an ATM card. I have seen too many episodes on the ID channel where someone is kidnapped and held hostage, forced daily to go withdraw money from the ATM and give it to their captor.

Anyways, I spoke to the call center manager today and she told me they are bringing in a new phone system by the end of the year and it will have telephone banking.
    Yeah, they'd just kill you instead.

I'm amazed you are able to actually leave the house and go about your daily business. You have a ton of hangups.

I admit I watch the ID channel, but I can see how it could make a susceptible person paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post

I'm amazed you are able to actually leave the house and go about your daily business. You have a ton of hangups.

Of course you are going to focus on a channel that will sensationalize the worst.

It's a wonder you can even step out your front door

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post

Or they could leave me at the side of the road blindfolded and someone rescues me.

Or they could leave me at the side of the road blindfolded and someone rescues me.
    Doubt it. You'd irritate the crap out of them, so I don't think they'd keep you alive very long.

I don't have an ATM card either. It was more not really seeing the need. I mean there is a need to go to the bank in person periodically anyway due to the need for quarters so I can do laundry. Can't get that at an ATM.

But with an ATM card it might be less frequent (at least if the pandemic driven quarter shortage ever ends, i can't even get more than 2 rolls at a time now). So I may reconsider the ATM thing.
    Trees don't grow on money

The only time i used an atm card was in europe. At home i just ask my banker, dh, to give me cash.

I used to use mine all the time at stores; now that I order most essentials on line, I use my credit card--which is considerably safer. And not because of potential kidnappers...

Thread Information