Page 288 of 422 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 4219

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    My sympathies. The hardest part about making that work for us is that many of the participants/officers are of a generation that finds using their phone for more than voice calls challenging (forget about the computer if they have one). The concept of a cloud or of a strong password that's changed when people rotate off the board each year is foreign to them. So there's the mechanics of how to actually get into the cloud site to add minutes and bookkeeping backups and education about why the password should change and why it isn't just last year's password with the year tacked onto the end of it.
    I’m trying to get our head honcho to change the email account I monitor over to somebody else. The “somebody else” says “ just give me the password you use Iris.”

I say no, the head honcho needs to assign a new password to you so that you are now in complete charge of that account and he has a record of you being in charge.
    This has been going on for months and I can’t get any movement.

I also have keys to the castle in our website. I don’t imagine anyone’s going to remember to turn off my access when I leave the board in two months. I will have to do that with our web master who is a professional web developer.

Most of our board members are much younger than I am and are facile with technology, so using the technology is not a problem for them. It’s keeping administrative records to pass on to subsequent boards that they can’t do.

Toilet died... had a hard time finding one to replace it. DH fell earlier and bruised ribs and is now trying to deal with this. He seems better but hope this will not cause him to backslide. Of course, he insists on replacing the toilet himself.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Toilet died... had a hard time finding one to replace it. DH fell earlier and bruised ribs and is now trying to deal with this. He seems better but hope this will not cause him to backslide. Of course, he insists on replacing the toilet himself.
    Oh no! What a frustrating combination of circumstances. Hope all get resolved soon.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Good luck with those challenges, Frugal-one.

Yppej
    In my state a plumbing license is required to replace a toilet. Maybe big government does have a role to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    In my state a plumbing license is required to replace a toilet. Maybe big government does have a role to play.
    Making criminals out of DIYers?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Indeed.

As if you can actually get work went to your house to do any work.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    You got it. My neighbors just got busted for putting up a small set of wooden stairs (three steps) with wooden railing. It is all about the municipalities getting a bunch of permit fees to fund those well paying, fully benefitted including with pension jobs for inspectors.

Good luck, frugal-one. I hope your dh is okay to do the job and not aggravate his injuries.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

The quarter shortage continues. I went to the bank. No quarters. I have enough for one wash, well then that will be clothes. No dries. I guess I can hang them around the house to dry, sure it's possible, I've done it. Or go around begging people for quarters. It's gotten so pathetic. The unending quarter shortage.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information