Page 336 of 421 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 4204

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I don't know. How many people have the training or are smart enough to homeschool? We have a neighbor who homeschooled her DD and DD is now in her 20s and socially inept. I have not looked at the stats (probably because I don't really care).
    This was a 2-pronged response. This is as important as the first IMO.

Yppej
    I know many educated, licensed teachers assigned classes outside their specialty who took the books home the night before so they could learn what they were supposed to teach the next day. Homeschool teachers do this too. There is nothing wrong with modeling learning.

The problem is people who think they know it all based on outdated credentials, who don't bother to keep up to date with new developments/curricula. The people on my Board of Health are like this. Ordinary citizens are much more informed than they are because they got their ticket stamped decades ago and are now stuck in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I know many educated, licensed teachers assigned classes outside their specialty who took the books home the night before so they could learn what they were supposed to teach the next day. Homeschool teachers do this too. There is nothing wrong with modeling learning.

The problem is people who think they know it all based on outdated credentials, who don't bother to keep up to date with new developments/curricula. The people on my Board of Health are like this. Ordinary citizens are much more informed than they are because they got their ticket stamped decades ago and are now stuck in time.
    malarkey

Yppej

malarkey
    You haven't attended the Board of Health meetings but you know more than the people who did. Yeah right. You think someone who's so old he falls asleep at a meeting is effective? Even Biden isn't that bad.

I bet you haven't followed the news either about the abysmal failures of the CDC. They're finally following the Great Barrington Declaration. We are vindicated. Public health officials were wrong, and we were right all along. I get that you're bitter and angry about it, and that your big ego prevents you from admitting your mistakes. Hard to admit you gutted the economy, education and young people's mental health, spiking suicide attempts and drug abuse, closing down drug treatment programs people needed, and leading to a bunch of overdose deaths. Blood is on your hands. We will never forget what was done to us and the weak people like you who were apologists for it.

unrelated ramblings

Yppej
    unrelated ramblings
    Which are so interesting to you that you just can't resist responding. As Eminem says, "It's so empty without me".

Yup. It is better to keep you blocked.

Yppej
    Yup. It is better to keep you blocked.
    Last famous words. Your curiosity will get the better of you because your life is boring without me.

Last famous words. Your curiosity will get the better of you because your life is boring without me.
    And speaking of which, I saw a YouTube clip of a woman who was dragged out of a bank because she wasn’t wearing a mask and she would not put one on. She wanted to pull her money out of the bank because the bank had the rule that customers inside had to wear a mask.

That’s funny as hell. Some of us have interesting enough lives without you.

Thread Information