Page 421 of 422 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 4219

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    So sorry that one bad apple is trying to spoil it all. Hopefully the priest can do something.
    Believe it or not, he sang correctly last night. We suspect it’s from his music teacher son being at the service. Aka didn’t want to look bad. Priest has gotten involved talking with the rest of us (multiple singers) who contacted him after I escalated the issue to him yesterday. Normally he doesn’t get involved with choir stuff at all, so this whole situation is highly unusual. We’ll see how Mr Slimy does over the next few weeks.

Brought work home this weekend that needed to be done today - air freight shipment clearances to be transmitted to CBP. I can get on the VPN but I am unable to get onto the remote desktop. A couple of the shipments have already arrived. Data entry is already done, I just have to hit the send button. Can't do them tomorrow as all the company servers will be taken off line - they're adding an additional electrical panel in the server room. Texted office manager who was going to be in and out of the office today. She's going into the office in a bit and will check for me. GRRRR

Turns out the IP address for the remote desktop server had changed and no one told me. IT remoted into my computer and changed it. I was able to get on and get my work done.

So I’m dealing with the Baltimore situation at work because the port is closed. At 6am Wednesday, our biggest customer into Baltimore called my company owner screaming about his freight. Doesn’t care about the missing/dead people. Guy’s stuff will be dropped in Norfolk instead. And due to how things work, he has to pay for trucking to Baltimore. Another customer is ok with the situation and just wants to be updated. People are losing their minds.

I thought about your job Tradd when we saw the collapse. I'm sure it is making your job harder. It made me cry. So very sad. And a mess for many.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I thought about your job Tradd when we saw the collapse. I'm sure it is making your job harder. It made me cry. So very sad. And a mess for many.
    I was getting messages from FB friends worldwide asking if I was going to be dealing with it. Yep! We actually have a container on the Dali, the ship that hit the bridge. It was loaded in Norfolk, the port call before Norfolk. Export from the US.

I think that has helped clarify just how much we depend on shipping and how complicated it is. The sizes of the ships are astounding. And then the HUGE crane trying to help clear the channel so shipping can commence. I find it fascinating. I hope the people you have to deal with are reasonable.

I hope jp1 isnt underwriting this fiasco..
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I hope jp1 isnt underwriting this fiasco..
    He deals with cybersecurity insurance, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I think that has helped clarify just how much we depend on shipping and how complicated it is. The sizes of the ships are astounding. And then the HUGE crane trying to help clear the channel so shipping can commence. I find it fascinating. I hope the people you have to deal with are reasonable.
    I didn’t blink an eye at the Dali’s size. I’m a follower of Great Lakes shipping and we have a number of “footers,” as the thousand foot long freighters are called. I’ve seen on in person from a boat up close on Lake Michigan.

Thread Information