Page 47 of 422 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I am peeved at doctors who dose their patients with addictive pain meds for weeks after a surgery, then allow the patient to withdraw cold-turkey without any warnings. Especially when the patient is on vacation here in my remote paradise, and loses it at 4am...

Recurring peeve: People who post nasty reviews/remarks about recipes found online AFTER they have mangled the recipe beyond recognition ("I substituted velveeta instead of parmesan and 2% milk instead of cream....I found this recipe tasteless and awful!")

P.S. way to go, Ihamo and team!

Quote Originally Posted by lhamo View Post
    [Moderator hat on]

Original posts #446, 448 and 450 above can be considered hate speech and are completely inappropriate on this forum. These comments are being removed immediately, and anyone posting hate speech will be banned.

I am also deleting the offensive text from other posts where it was quoted directly

For the record, this act of moderation was discussed and agreed upon by members of the moderation team. It is not a one-sided action on my part.

[Moderator hat off]
    First of all, I meant every word I said. I was right, and still am. It doesn't matter what other people think.

The remainder of this post has been deleted after being determined to be a violation of forum guidelines. The user was previously warned that this would not be tolerated.
    Last edited by Alan; 5-8-13 at 10:18pm.

Chopper777 is surely this year's poster child for sex positivity, eh?

From my observations, Chopper, heterosexual lovers engage in the same general set of activities that homosexual ones do. Parts is parts. I'd go into more detail, but at this point I suspect the effort would be wasted.

This is wonderful.

I've always avoided this thread because, well.....I try to stay away from negativity, in general. I have LOTS of personal peeves, but they're not something I've ever wanted to type out, which would make me think of them, which would make me dwell on them, which would make me feel negatively.....

I DO try to seek out and dwell on humor. That's how I live my days, seeking the beauty and humor in human life.

And here we have.....well, what I have read here in a recent post. Hilarious! I had no idea there was such humor in the Peeves thread. (Thank you bae: "parts is parts". Yep. It's pretty much all the same.)

I plan to check back on this thread regularly, looking for chuckles. I didn't know.....

Ban chopper now, please. His hate is not welcomed in our safe & respectful community.

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    Ban chopper now, please. His hate is not welcomed in our safe & respectful community.
    Upon reflection, I pity him, actually. His hatred is a product of his own mind, he has to suffer with his own demons. Someone has wounded him deeply, and he is suffering. It is hard for me to understand going through life so burdened - I wish him peace.

Alas, interacting with such folks over ASCII text generally provides little chance of developing mutual understanding, or moving forward.

ah Chopper, I like my vulgarities as well as the next person but you've got to make me laugh with them. Epic fail here. Probably Louis CK could do something with this material but you can't. Give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Upon reflection, I pity him, actually. His hatred is a product of his own mind, he has to suffer with his own demons. Someone has wounded him deeply, and he is suffering. It is hard for me to understand going through life so burdened - I wish him peace.

Alas, interacting with such folks over ASCII text generally provides little chance of developing mutual understanding, or moving forward.

Yes to all the above... and, I want our forum to be free from his poison.

Thread Information