Page 51 of 421 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

I save leftovers for making soup. This morning I pulled duck wings, chicken wings from the freezer, and the turkey wings that were in the refrigerator. I like wings. A lot. All were roasted and looking pretty darn wonderful. I used chicken stock for the liquid and had fresh onions, and some barely limp carrots and celery that I never got around to using.

Six hours later and it is the worst pot-o-crud I have ever tasted, and, trust me, I have made some really heinous meals trying to use up leftovers over the eons (an accurate calculation when translated into bad-marriage-years). Such a waste, and I cannot figure out what the problem is with that mess.

That was supposed to be lunch and dinner for the rest of the week. Rambutans are back in season, so I spent my extra grocery money on them, some lychees and a jar of seaweed when I was out yesterday. I guess those are my dinner, along with the leftover liver, until I can thaw some more bits from the freezer.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

When people who offer expensive services (most recently dentist) want to do extra services for you tell you that they will "work with you" to let you pay it out. I do not consider suggesting someone go into debt so you can make more a kindness, but rather a cruelty. I tell them that's how I stay afloat, by now adding on debt. They tend to go blank on hearing this, and I'm not trying to educate them, just stand up for myself.
    I think deep in our hearts we know that our comforts, our conveniences are at the expense of other people. Grace Lee Boggs

Rain, dammit! For the last two months weather forecasts have mostly predicted rain, and for the last two months we've had clouds, sun, clouds...and one day of real, healthy rain. It was supposed to rain today. But no. Maybe tomorrow, the forecast says. Yeah, sure. I'll believe it when I see it.

People who post things on craigslist or freecycle (using their email) and then say "Call and leave your number I won't answer emails." WTF?

This cough just won't go away, even after 6 weeks. What the F? Tired of waking myself up hacking......I normally get sick...er, almost never.

Pug.....have you see the doctor?
    I developed a cough for a very long time, with no other symptoms. Didn't see the doc for it. Its not as bad now, but still around. I use a cpap at night, so I'm thinking its that. I did get a chest xray when it started up, and it was clear. Do you clean your ears too much? There's a nerve in your ear canal that, when irritated, can cause a cough.

I'm getting really tired of seeing people walking like zombies, while glued to their smart phones. I saw 2 people yesterday, where there was traffic, just staring at their phones and not paying any attention to the cars. Saw several younger kids walking with their mom's at the store, staring at their phones.
    Zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I'm getting really tired of seeing people walking like zombies, while glued to their smart phones. I saw 2 people yesterday, where there was traffic, just staring at their phones and not paying any attention to the cars. Saw several younger kids walking with their mom's at the store, staring at their phones.
    Zombies!!
    If today was described in a book 50 years ago, it would have likely been some dystopian scifi novel.

Quote Originally Posted by puglogic View Post
    This cough just won't go away, even after 6 weeks. What the F? Tired of waking myself up hacking......I normally get sick...er, almost never.
    Make sure you're hydrated. I've found, for me, coughing and reflux (and then each of those trigger the other) are often just because I'm not hydrating enough.

My garage door locked itself from the inside. OK, I thought, I'll just go around to the gate and let myself in. The gate hadn't been opened in so long that it was blocked by dirt and debris. I managed to get it open a crack. Not good enough. I went to the other side of the garage. I managed to get that side open about three feet, so crawled in and released the door. I was going to do yard work, but wore myself out with the effort. Now I'm waiting for the Ibuprofen to kick in...

Thread Information