Page 63 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    oh, you! I thought of it as "the pasta salad tasting" where one could identify the best pasta salad recipes out there.
    Actually, I'm not a big fan of coordinating potlucks, either. That's why they're called "potlucks" and not "arranged communal meals". I think it would be fun try lots of variations of an ingredient (though generally I'm not much on pasta salads). We've done somewhat similar themed meals with chili, spaghetti sauces, and local apples.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

DW got her car back from a recall visit to the dealership. Along with a note that she may receive a call from Kia asking about her visit. In bold letters, highlighted, it reads "Please note: '10' is my ONLY passing grade!"

Well, then, why bother with 10 points? Why not just two? Why not just "Pass" and "Fail", since that is what this is reduced to? VW was no better, except that they worked on a "five-point" scale, but anything less than 5 was "failure". I get that they want customers to be happy and to address issues at the lowest possible point (in this case, the service desk). But this binary rating system enforces the highest marks for anything but the very worst service and implies that nothing about the visit could have been improved. Well, it can always be improved. Hours could be more convenient; they could have swept in like a Wood Brothers pit stop when my wife drove in; and, if we paid for the visit, the bill could be lower.

Meanwhile, at the end of the quarter, upper management gets a context-less PowerPoint slide that indicates 95% of Kia customers think nothing about their service visit could be better and bonuses are issued all around. Hmmph....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Seizures suck. ER visits suck. Spending 7 1/2 hours in the ER really sucks. I have spent too much time with teenage boys & am too tired to be use more creative language lol Last night was not a good night. However we did not get bad news at the end, so there is that redeeming factor.

DD's hand/wrist suddenly started curling up. Decided to take her to ER to find out what was going on. First we thought, seizure issue. Then stroke then we noticed a bump on her hand and thought broken bones. On the way to the ER DD had a big grand mal seizure. Spent 7 1/2 hours in the ER, x-rays, ct scan, blood work. Waiting. Lots of waiting. DD had another seizure. 3 times we had to say no to either/or iv's and being admitted. The ER looked at me like I was a fool when I said that for DD her seizures are under good control but finally stopped pressing the issue. I wonder what he may have written on her chart.

X-ray clear. YAY! CT scan clear. YAY! Finally a diagnosis - radial nerve palsy. She somehow damaged the radial nerve but we will never know how. Could have slept on it wrong. Could have damaged it during a seizure. There is no treatment. God willing it will clear up over the next week though if the damage is bad enough it may not. I think it is improving a bit already so I have high hopes.

DD was so ready to leave. She kept trying to escape in her wheelchair, even using her damaged hand to push lol Poor thing we kept rolling her back to the room.

But she had another seizure on the way home. Today she is sleeping it off. I WISH they could get her seizures under better control.

I'm on vacation this week (had to take a week or lose it). My coworkers seem to be unable to follow the simple, explicit directions I left on what needed to be done. I'm getting emails and texts at home. I'm actually having to check my work email.

Ick, Azure. Sorry for DD, hope she is feeling better.

Tradd, don't answer! You can be "out of town" even when you're in town. Your vacay.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

DH just told me he was going to go into work instead of taking the 3 days of vacation he had planned because he knows he would spend the whole time working from home. I appreciate that he recognizes that he can't disconnect. Why waste the vacation days when there is not really a vacation. We are going out of town later in the month and I know he will check email and be available by phone but it will not be as constant as when we do "stay-cations".

Just found out BART is going on strike at midnight. I'm flying in to SF for work tomorrow. I usually take BART from the airport for $8.25. A cab starts at $50 for sitting down. Bad words Bad Words Bad words.

At least the cab drivers will have a good day.

Aaaaaagh!

Quote Originally Posted by CeciliaW View Post
    Just found out BART is going on strike at midnight. I'm flying in to SF for work tomorrow. I usually take BART from the airport for $8.25. A cab starts at $50 for sitting down. Bad words Bad Words Bad words.

At least the cab drivers will have a good day.

Aaaaaagh!
    I just returned to SoCal from the Bay area (sonoma county) and had to listen to 2 weeks of Bart threatening to go on strike. I am actually surprised they did. Can't imagine the traffic conditions - ugh. Last time I was up there they were closing the Bay Bridge so I high-tailed it south the day before that happened. At least that didn't impact commuter traffic as badly.

This is funny: the National Republican party has been calling me regularly 1 -2 times a week for the past 5 weeks, and I am not exaggerating, with the same damn call. One guy who is a breathless metrosexual sounding guy asks for me by name and then the call turns over to the robo voice. I hang up when Robo-voice starts. But today I told DH "I am going to listen to this call and take down the specifics" to contact them to complain, and while I was saying this to Dh the "robo" voice stopped his spiel to say--"what? Mrs. Iris, hey ah, what?"

hahahah. I apologized to Robo-guy for hanging up on his 20 times, but honestly, I thought he was a recorded voice every time he called me. I also told him to stop calling me so often, it is ridiculous how many times they have called.

It's funny, I just noticed we're a "peevish" bunch - coming up on 50,000 peeves!! and yes, I've definitely contributed a few.

But is it bad karma for us that our peeves are so much more numerous than our posts in the gratitude topic??

Thread Information