Page 64 of 422 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Not that many peeves. That number is the views. Hope that does not make anyone peevishy. (that is me thinking that I am running for safety...)
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Not really a peeve but I just wanted to say that Deja's hand is still not working and I am feeling very sad about it.

Oh, sorry to hear that.
    It is well, when judging a friend, to remember that he is judging you with the same godlike and superior impartiality. Arnold Bennett

Over the last six weeks or so, I've been working on refinancing my rental property. A slipstream refi that would have increased the monthly mortgage maybe 25% but would have cut the term to 20 years at a much lower interest rate than I've been paying. I made it clear to the salesguy that I was not making much income with my business and that I didn't want to bring DW's income into it because of the foreclosure on her record. No problem! says he.

After filling out too much paperwork, it comes down to my not making enough income to refi. WT...??? None of them can recollect what the salescritter said and he apparently is off in greener pastures. They offered to count my rental income (about twice the monthly mortgage cost and below-market at that) and could not find a way to make it work for 20 years -- or even for 30. So I pulled the plug on it and will owe them for the appraisal that was done (which showed the house appreciated about 50% from what I paid for it, so that was at least worthwhile).

I don't get it. Here I am, accidental landlord, bringing in significantly more than goes out, paying the existing mortgage on time every month for five years -- and they can't make it work for me to pay a lower amount over 30 years? I know the days of "liar's loans" and such were too lenient. But not only have they closed the barn door; they've shackled the horses to the building. Ridiculous.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Well, that sucks big time. Really hard to understand how impersonal all of that is. It is not like they just 'met' you.

My peeve for the day is the HUGE hoop-la that was made of Halloween this year! There are even orange and black lights on many many houses!! yard decorations, way too many stupid costumes... did I say I hated Halloween to begin with?! It seems like just an excuse to spend money on junk and act stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    It seems like just an excuse to spend money on junk and act stupid.
    It's beginning to look a lot like commercial Christmas....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Agreed! I don't need an excuse to spend money on junk and act stupid! '

(Actually, I don't mind Halloween--except for the little beggars at the door. A lot of people enjoy an excuse to dress up and party.)

Tooth extraction + traffic school = not so great weekend

A bit too damn much marriage advice on FB lately. Um, if seven people have already shared the same thing you read, you don't need to share it too. Especially if you're not actually married.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Thread Information