Page 65 of 422 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

My iPad battery power is sucked down like crazy with the new OS. It's driving me nuts. It's probably increasing my productivity, though.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

When you agreed in writing in August to speak at an event in November, and I've now contacted you 3x this past week to confirm and finalize details and you have not responded to anything, I'm wondering: did you fall off a roof? or is this the new etiquette of "I'll actually only do it if I feel like at that moment"??
    Now I have to take time off to go this person's workplace and hunt them down. Extremely unprofessional on their part.

errk - am editing my post because after a personal visit, all was resolved and event is going forward. Still wish I had been kept apprised of the situation, but now All is Well.
    Last edited by Lainey; 11-9-13 at 11:30am.

A coworker who sits directly opposite me coughs and hacks every minute or so all day long. I don't know if she's gone to the doctor or has any meds. This has been going on for about two months. It's annoying as hell. Many people I talk to on the phone comment on the coughs they can hear. I'm looking forward to my trip and three days off simply so I don't have to listen.to the cougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    My iPad battery power is sucked down like crazy with the new OS. It's driving me nuts. It's probably increasing my productivity, though.
    I noticed an extreme battery suck on my iPhone after upgrading to OS7, but didn't notice it on my iPad post upgrade.

It turns out that while I was playing around with the phone's new features, I also installed a couple of new apps which were the real culprit. After removing them, battery life improved greatly.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Trying to keep my dollars in the local community, I go to the local sign/banner/printing shop instead of ordering it online. I place the order on Monday, Tuesday spent tweaking it, said it'd be ready Thursday. Called Thursday, said pick it up Friday. Ok, no sweat, made it in time for the Saturday event.
    Go in today to pick up the second banner, uhm, they might get to it tomorrow. What??? You've had the order for nearly 2 weeks.
    Ask about the quote for the cards and post cards. Haven't gotten to it yet. What??

Told them to never mind the paper order, and that I'd pick up the second banner tomorrow. Want to bet they stay late tonight working on it?

Crappy service. Seriously.

New to the South. I see the native is brown now. The subdivision lots have green grass, a non local planted grass. Goodness changing the grass. Why would they want to mow more, fertilize, water....

I wash, I rinse, I sort, I put plastic bags all together in one, paper, plastic, food clamshells (no food bits), cartons--the egg cartons are separate, in the yard waste toter--glass, tin (flattened when possible)...I just re-read the flyer and they want me to "bundle" cardboard...I have a plastic bag full of refuse lying in my kitchen. I confess I throw most of my food scraps in the garbage. It's just too much. My recycling rant for the year.

I probably just need to vent on this. I was in the local health food type store today, and as I've seen happen occasionally, there is this well dressed lady going from one bulk bin to another taking a few nuts or what ever from the bins and munching them while she shops. Not a very good practice from a sanitary standpoint, but in my opinion it is gross, rude, and above all, poor manners. On this occasion it was so blatant I almost said something and then caught myself.

Am I over focused on this? Should I say something next time or just breath deeply and let it go?
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Is this lady doing it on other visits? Does she use the scoop? I'm assuming she doesn't. I saw a woman in Whole Foods once who was piling up on freebies. I think she was homeless.
    I think I would say something to the woman who is just taking them out of the bin and eating them. Or maybe you could point out the scoop and the plastic bags to her??

I had not seen this person before. She was picking bits of food out of the scoop, but I still do not like the idea that a strangers fingers are in the scoop that me or some one else is going to use next. This person was not dressed like she was needy, just taking her shopping as an opportunity to graze.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Thread Information