Page 81 of 422 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Stoic Pragmatism, that has a lovely ring to it. I just googled John Lachs and came up with a youtube lecture entitled "why good enough is not good enough for us" - don't have time to watch but he sounds interesting.

... It just feels like under it all, an arrogance, to demand someones attention for hours on end, busy busy busy and always talking, always in the center of the busy making this self congratulatory standard for others to buzz or fail ... or maybe some psychological disorder, narcissism, autism? Why are you talking about this? Have you considered at all whether your chosen topic of "conversation" that you monopolize is of interest to anyone else? Is this a competition you are winning by getting in more words per minute by a factor of 10 than anyone else?

Yes, your FIL's live-in sounds very much like her ... she has invited herself here for 10 days. She IS helpful so I'll be honest, there's a trade off here, she's generous with her time but sucks the life out of me in exchange.

... it's probably a good thing we don't have a basement.
    Last edited by kib; 11-27-14 at 12:21pm.

I got run off the road while running��. I am so tired of the share the road not being followed.

My mother was a constant talker. She came from a large Catholic family and said that the only time their house was quiet was when someone was sick. My SO, also from a large family, is similar. I'm practically a mute. I feel your pain.

I am writing about a peeve caused by me. Perhaps if I write it out, I'll stop this bad behavior.

There is one street corner on my way to work where I, when driving, fail to use my left turn signal. It is a bad habit in my brain. Today I was day dreaming, that turn signal was not on, and person opposite me had to sit and wait to see what I intended to do.

Slap me. I am annoyed when this happens to me and I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS BAD HABAIT!!!

Tired of sdrawkcab sginht gniod elpoep. I read English, which reads left to right, and they haphazardly post things jumbled up and expect that customer orders will be fulfilled correctly when they may need x before y.
    In case your wondering what the heck the words are above, people doing things backwards.

Tennessee, oh wait I have already posted that as my peeve

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am writing about a peeve caused by me. Perhaps if I write it out, I'll stop this bad behavior.

There is one street corner on my way to work where I, when driving, fail to use my left turn signal. It is a bad habit in my brain. Today I was day dreaming, that turn signal was not on, and person opposite me had to sit and wait to see what I intended to do.

Slap me. I am annoyed when this happens to me and I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS BAD HABAIT!!!
    I can relate. It's taken me years to finally slow down my driving - I was always speeding everywhere. And complaining about other people speeding. Doh!

i have a terror of hitting a pedestrian and yet consistently fail to check the right hand sidewalk before turning right out of a parking lot. My bad, may it never catch up with me.

The high price of good dog beds for orthopedically impaired old dogs.
    I think deep in our hearts we know that our comforts, our conveniences are at the expense of other people. Grace Lee Boggs

In need of a total attitude adjustment the last few days. I don't WANT to be THAT person at work who is always bitchun about something... HALP!

Thread Information