Page 90 of 423 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Peeve / Rant

Please lord no more surveys. I visited 3 dept. stores last week and at each one the cashier had to point out a survey on the receipt, along with practically begging me to score them high. Then my son got his taxes done at H&R Block and the tax preparer said the same thing, along with following him out to the sidewalk to ask him what he would put for her score.

I understand companies need feedback but where does this end? The only safe "survey-less" place right now is the self-serve gas pump, but I'm anticipating that any day I'll have to respond to a digital survey to get my gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    I visited 3 dept. stores last week and at each one the cashier had to point out a survey on the receipt, along with practically begging me to score them high. [snip] I understand companies need feedback but where does this end?.
    It ended with me the first time I was told that "5 out of 5 is the only passing grade". The inference that there was absolutely nothing about the business transaction that could be improved is, in a polite word, nonsense. And I chose not to be party to it. It's like voting for the only candidate in an election. Of course they'll win -- and take it as a validation.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Please lord no more surveys. I visited 3 dept. stores last week and at each one the cashier had to point out a survey on the receipt, along with practically begging me to score them high. .
    oh dear, survey season for me in my work. i have no less than 5 surveys for various populations i serve, this is the world of grant funding of course. and i just agreed to do a survey on incoming parents of preschool 4 year old children in order to provide some after school classes next year, and in my world i must have a high return rate, teacher surveys need to be 100% response. First survey starts next week with only 30 participants at least

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    i have no less than 5 surveys for various populations i serve
    I don't mind surveys much, but so many of them are so poorly designed: those surveyed are given no idea of the layout of the survey ("Will I be able to leave comments later?" "But that question is too specific.") and the questions sometimes are just rigid (Them: "Did one of our associates greet you?" Me: "No [that's perfectly fine since I just ran in for one item but all they see is 'no']").

I just finished a survey a couple of days ago in which I was asked which potential food products I might buy. Half of the offerings contained bell peppers, which I don't care for. So I downgraded those. Quite popular dishes, but not for me. But there was no place to make that comment. It just looks like I hate half of what they are thinking of offering.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

So far no one has offered to pay me enough to take a survery. Well, except for an exceptional Road Scholar trip where we all loved!! the instructor. He deserved 5 out of 5 and no payment was needed to fill out the survey.

Last time our Honda dealer called about a service quality survey I was able to complain about having to return twice each time my hubby has the tires changed. Seems they did not learn anything since he just had to go back the second time for the spring change over. If I get a written survey, they are NOT getting 5 out of 5.

Work equipment that does not work makes me CRAZY! Today I actually did not get to do my job at all because the fabulous new MyDevices (ipod touches made for our company) would not work at all. I spent 4 hours schlepping clothes back to where they belong and then got sent home early. We actually had a pretty good sized work load today. So tomorrow we have 2 busy days of work to do. aaarrggh

Friends and Family: am very happy to look at your vacation photos but really there is no need to have me scroll through all 175 of them on your phone. Really.

I got home from work today to find an official letter from the District Court in Detroit that I am summoned for jury duty on June 25, right when I plan on being on the road in Utah. I HOPE AND PRAY that they will accept my plea for postponement. I was (and still am) very, very upset, sobbed for 30 minutes in a total state of panic! I have been planning my road trip for SIX months and cannot fathom having to cut it short so I can drive for four days to be in court for jury selection. I am happy to do it a few weeks later. Please cross your fingers and pray that my request is honored...

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I got home from work today to find an official letter from the District Court in Detroit that I am summoned for jury duty on June 25, right when I plan on being on the road in Utah. I HOPE AND PRAY that they will accept my plea for postponement. I was (and still am) very, very upset, sobbed for 30 minutes in a total state of panic! I have been planning my road trip for SIX months and cannot fathom having to cut it short so I can drive for four days to be in court for jury selection. I am happy to do it a few weeks later. Please cross your fingers and pray that my request is honored...
    SiouzQ - I believe here in AZ you can get at least one postponement requested granted fairly easily and it doesn't have to be an elaborate reason. They just rotate your name to a later date. Hope this is the same for you.

SiouzQ, you may find this interesting: not sure if this is the court that called you, but I was surprised by the "sending a reminder" to first time avoiders:

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in..._wayne_co.html

Thread Information