Thread: This is it, this is why I am here.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

This is it, this is why I am here.....

I had another aha moment today, along the lines of this is it, this is why I am here, this is why I am getting the clutter of all kinds out of my life and getting debt gone, too.....Today I volunteered with the leukemia positive cats at the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, Utah, as I have been for a few months now on Tuesdays - I have been getting a ride down from where I work with a co-worker who also volunteers. Today I was just sitting with one of my favorite cats, totally at peace, and I realized - this is what I want, more moments like this in my life. If I want this, it sure seems the less overhead I have and the less money I owe, the more freedom I have to have more moments like this in my life. Maybe as the economy has changed I will not be able to retire without making DRASTIC changes in my life - but at least I can have moments like this.....Rob

Moments of peace and tranquillity are priceless

How wonderful that you can do that Rob....and those aha moments are rare, so follow them when you can!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I love the image of you and the cat, in perfect harmony and bliss. Beautiful.

Mrs-M
    Finding peace and harmony truly is the greatest isn't it! So nice. Thanks GTSL.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I loved that place. We stopped there once on our way out west and I thought it was fabulous.

There is so much good that can be done if you aren't burdened down with debt and stuff. Good luck finding your way, as you have posted your journey it has been very interesting and encouraging.

That was a nice post to read first thing in the morning.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Rob - I'm so happy you have "found" Best Friends. It's one of my favorite charity groups and animal rescue places. In fact, they are in my will to get all my vast fortune (yeah right :-)) when I die - if my sister has passed away before me, And even if she doesn't, she is leaving all her vast fortune to them as well. It's a great place in a beautiful area and do wonderful things for animals irregarless of their circumstances. And the drive up from the North Rim is one of the most beautiful drives on the planet IMHO!

Thread Information