Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Won't be around much for a while

Won't be around much for a while

Hello, all! Since some of us naturally wonder where regular posters are when they suddenly disappear, just thought I'd give you a bit of a head's up.

I'm going to be super busy for the next six months or so, although I will pop in from time to time.

The last semester for my theological education program begins 10/1 and goes through early January. This semester is just a wrap up and less intensive. However, I have two take home exams from previous classes (I turned in the third several weeks ago) to finish (one about half done). I hope to be done by T'giving, as I've got two major exams starting me in the face.

First, the huge national exam (it's a take-home, open book) so I can get my catechist certification.

Two, the US customs broker licensing exam in early April that my boss has asked me to sit for. I just got written confirmation this week that my company will reimburse me (as soon as I order) the several hundred dollars for the test prep materials. I'm doing an at home course. I'm a self-starter, plus I'm used to studying a lot on my own from the theological course the past two+ years.

And I'm also observing and beginning to teach a bit in a new series of classes for adults in my parish.

So, a lot on my plate, and some things are going to have to go by the wayside.

See you around!

ETA: you're more than welcome to drop me a PM (they come to me via email) and say hi. I will write back!
    Last edited by Tradd; 9-24-11 at 3:05pm.

That is a lot. Good luck with it all.

Thanks for the note.
    moo

Boy, it really sounds like you ARE going to be busy, but with really interesting things, and stuff that will help "recession proof" you in your chosen field, for sure. You'll be missed......

It's really nice that you put this post in, because when people we're accustomed to seeing on the boards just disappear, people DO worry and are concerned. Nice to know that all is well with you, and that you're just knee deep in real life for awhile.

Good luck on all those projects!

Good luck. Keep us posted occassionally on your progress!!

Simpler at Fifty
    Good Luck Tradd I know you can do it. You are very organized and dedicated.

We will miss you, keep us up-to-date.

Good luck on your exams!!

Tradd you are working TOOOOOOOOO hard :-)! You need to join me, as I'll be leaving in a few days for a trip up north and will be gone awhile also (having fun though not working :-) and not posting. See ya all when I return. Hoping to bump into gary (aka simplygib from the old boards) as he is on another of his mega-bicycle trips from the Pac NW to Mexico.

It sounds like you have a very intensive few months ahead but I'm sure that taking the national catechist exam and getting the customs broker license will repay you in many postive ways!

good luck Tradd. I know it's hard now but you have a solid vision of your future. You will make it to the other side, and be so grateful you put in the effort. Keep us in the loop on your progress.

Thread Information