Thread: Fixing a sagging couch.....

Fixing a sagging couch.....

I was wondering if any of you have tried the various products to put under your couch cushions to help give it more support? I've heard of using plywood, but I've been seeing some products that work the same way, but look a little too good to be true. (plastic slats).
    Anything work for you?
    Thanks.

We did plywood a long time ago. I guess it worked okay.
    The last time we flipped the couch over, removed the cover/lining from the bottom and then tied the springs together with a half mile of heavy cord. The lining was easily stapled back on the bottom. That gave our couch new life for a long time.
    Marianne
    My lame blog: http://2atthefarm.blogspot.com/
    Eco Friendly Tightwaddery and the Fine Art of Substitution

Thanks Marianne.
    When I read online about how to fix a sagging couch, I thought they meant to remove the cover on top! DUH! Removing the bottom lining would be much more do-able!
    Thanks for your suggestion.

I got some of those plastic slats for my old couch and it worked pretty well. The couch wasn't so saggy that it resulted in that "before and after" effect you see on the TV commercials, but it did make a difference. I got them from a mail order catalogue...I think it was Walter Drake or Miles Kimball, and they weren't too expensive.

I was planning on using a couple of those recycled plastic boards from the hardware shop to lift the saggy cushion on our love seat sofa bed. I thought they would be better than wood, which would eventually sag again, but maybe I am wrong here. One of my friends used that recycled plastic lumber to build his deck and is very pleased with it.
    1. Identify what’s most important to you. 2. Minimize or eliminate everything else.

Mrs-M
    Great ideas you guys! Juds. I dig your emoticon!!!

Thread Information