Thread: An Observation about Thread organization...

An Observation about Thread organization...

I frequent a website run by Gen Xers who are all named Matt where issues of my city are discussed. They are so very anal about thread organization! A topic is allowed only one thread!

This board with its random posts (example: 3 threads about Occupy Wall Street!) would make their little heads explode.

I just think it's funny that these youthful guys (for they are all men) spend time surfing around their website, cleaning up posts and consolidating them and organizing the communications like obsessive little housewives. Sometimes I am tempted to post new topics out of the designated thread just to mess with them.

Personally, I think it's a huge waste of their time, but if that's what they want to do, so be it.

The organization of their forums results in a topic going on for years. It's not unusual to see the first post form 2007 and the last post yesterday.

This post is random and of little use to anyone.

But at least, here, you are free, free, free to start as many as you like, hahahahhahahahaa......

It does sound a bit like all the Matts have a few control issues, and perhaps as real life intrudes more as time goes by, they will not feel such compulsion to "garden", "prune" and "organize" their forum......

Boy, I can't even THINK of the moderator hours required to keep YOU guys herded (cats come to mind) into folks who would acquiese to only one thread per topic, not to mention the inability for the topic to wander many miles from the OP until the title no longer even provides a CLUE to what is actually being discussed.....

Somehow, I think I prefer our quite messy, yet more freewheeling system......

Try not to torture those young guys, Iris Lily......do your best not to torture them. ;-)

Young-hee..Im a Gen Xer and I'm 45!

I say torture them!
    Sometimes you need to poke the Matts to get them to move out of their little worlds.

Yes I DO like the looser style of this forums. Perhaps the Matts are really Gen Y-ers, I don't know. But they need more posts to consolidate,ha ha and thanks to all!
    Last edited by iris lily; 10-9-11 at 9:55pm.

That kind of over the top thread splitting drives me away.

Thread Information