Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Had an interview today

A few years back, (dh at age 52) was laid off and the following days were the darkest of our lives. Flash forward to today and things are OK again. He is working beneath his experience level but at least those days are behind us. It is true that eventually everything changes and I hope that your situation turns around too. I think if I were in that place, I would look for some part time volunteer work while lookiing just to get my mind off of it. Helping others can be good medicine.

Thanks, pinkytoe. I may do that.

Like pinkytoe's DH, my own DH was laid off from his job; the job he held for 15 years and expected to retire from. He was 53. He was the most down I had ever seen him. He was out of work for over 2 years before landing a job in April and just shy of 56. He spent his time going to school and doing some part time freelance work.

Support your way. These things don't go on forever, though it seems that way. It does change, it really does.

Saguaro, thank you for encouraging me. I just started an Etsy shop in November, hoping to realize some of my dreams of being an artist. I have thought about becoming a librarian for years; perhaps 2012 is the year to volunteer at the local library.

I'm glad your husband found a job. Yours too, pinkytoe. Best of luck!

Another chapter in the ongoing saga: I applied for a position at my alma mater, as a graduate dept. assistant/secretary. Got a letter today saying the position is not being filled--must have been some budget cuts there. Sigh.

Thread Information