Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: November Frugals

November Frugals

New month = new frugals thread. Can't wait to hear about everyone's frugal activities this month. Y'all keep me motivated and on task (most of the time!).

Wow, here's to everyone having a great month full of frugal sucesses!

I recieved a huge box of pecans in the mail today. I will shell them and put them in the freezer for future use. I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with having so many. If anyone has ideas on how to use them I'd like to hear it. My freezer contains about 3 -4 quart bags full of shelled nuts and today's box is going to give me at least 2 more bags full.

Well, you could make some pecan pies for where ever you might be eating for the holidays and or you can candy them and toss them into salads.

I worked hot lunch today at my sons school, new this year is for every hot lunch you work you get one hot lunch credit for your child. You also get your lunch for the day free.

Roasting a chicken today, it will become:
    chicken noodle soup
    stock
    chicken pot pie
    chicken fried rice

the stock will go towards a few different types of soups that I plan on making, a squash/apple soup and a black bean soup.

It's lovely out today, supposed to reach the high 60's. So the upstairs windows are open, airing things out. My husband is now sick and we could use some fresh air in here.

Trying a free 60 day version of Microsoft 2010. First we need to update our XP and it's giving us issues. I am going to do a small job for a friend and really need it to work!

Making my grocery list tonight, will be going on Friday. Have a coupon for an oil change on my DH car, planning on taking care of that on Friday.

Oh it is November isn't it?

I'm in an extra good mood today for some reason. This morning I purchased the September/October issue of Action Pack Magazine. I considered ordering one this summer but never did. So much fun! It's $6 but it's ad free and stuffed with fun learning ideas. This issue appealed to me because it deals with both cooking and electricity. Nobody loves electricity more than Daddy and I, of course, love to cook. This afternoon the girls and I are going to make grapefruit cordial. I have some grapefruits I want to use up. Most of the ideas in the book are made from inexpensive stuff.

The girls want to make sugar scrub, bath fizzies and citrus peel for Christmas gifts this year. I think that would be a fun project.

I am really hitting a frugal groove lately. Sometimes I find it a challenge to be frugal, but right now I am perfectly happy hunkering down in the house baking, embroidering, playing games, napping, sewing, knitting and teaching most of the time. When I do want to get out of the house it's mostly to the library, church, out for a walk or to a friend's house. It's good.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

For Pecans:

Banana pecan bread or muffins

Salad of mixed greens, sliced pears, a few blue cheese crumbles, and toasted or candied pecans

My frugals today consisted of combining 3 errands, going to BJs and buying only what I needed (minus the raisins, which I forgot!) and remembering to use 2 coupons, and taking along a snack to an appointment so that I wasn't tempted to eat out. We just got our power back this morning after 3.5 days without it, so I am spending the evening doing laundry and vacuuming, two fun(?) and frugal activities!

just got our power back this morning after 3.5 days
    Glad you got it back. That's a long time to be without it.

Over in the Food section of the forum there are two threads where I'd love people's brainstorming help. One is a new Food Stamp challenge and the other is an even more challenging project with a food limit average of 1.50 per day. Would appreciate suggestions for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Glad you got it back. That's a long time to be without it.
    Thanks, Amaranth. We have a generator, so we still had heat, hot water, and some electricity. But our road was closed so we couldn't go anywhere. Thankfully we had plenty of food in the house and wood for the boiler!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    Oh it is November isn't it?

I'm in an extra good mood today for some reason. This morning I purchased the September/October issue of Action Pack Magazine. f.

The girls want to make sugar scrub, bath fizzies and citrus peel for Christmas gifts this year. I think that would be a fun project.
    Stella, is Action Pack good? I've been mulling it over...

Action Pack sounded so good that I had to look it up.

It seems as though some of the content in on-line. http://action-pack.com/

Now I want to make message rock and the stick structures with the grandbabies. Yay!
    1. Identify what’s most important to you. 2. Minimize or eliminate everything else.

Thread Information