Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting more and more spam calls on home and cell, despite being on do-not-call list

Getting more and more spam calls on home and cell, despite being on do-not-call list

I've gotten at least 6 calls in the past 10 days on my land-line phone and my cell phone. And both these numbers are on a state do-not-call list. Now I'm going to have to keep track of them all and file a complaint with the FCC. Such a drag.
    These calls make me have evil thoughts about how to deal with them..

There is a federal list, too. We are on it and get very very few calls, and none to cells.

https://www.donotcall.gov/
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Oops.....I meant we are on the Federal list. It was great for awhile. Then about 6 weeks ago, it started really picking up again. I should just not answer the numbers I don't recognize, but with my kids away at different colleges, I'm always afraid to not answer it.

Me too. Just in the last few weeks. Wondering if the do-not-call thing expired.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I should just not answer the numbers I don't recognize, but with my kids away at different colleges, I'm always afraid to not answer it.
    Cathy, what's wrong with letting the call go to voice mail and then calling that person back if it's something important?

This is happening to us too. It's even getting annoying clearing this crap out of voice mail.

When we confront the people and tell them we are on do-not-call, they hang up on us. I don't know what to think!

I am so annoyed at those calls that have no one there when I pick up. I say "hello" three times is quick succession and if they are not there I hang up. Um people, You are calling Me, you need to be at the other end of the line when I pick up.

Once I determine that it is a spam call, I ask the company's name. The name and the time of the call are all that are required to report the call on the Do Not Call website. When our calls start ramping up, I file a few complaints (I keep the reporting site bookmarked), and viola, suddenly no more calls!
    Mrs. Hermit

I am also getting an upsurge of calls as of late. I'm on the do-not-call registry and the call blocked list on my land line phone is full. A lot of the calls are political or non-profit and those are not part of the do-not-call registry. Some are still solicitors and I have filed complaints with the do-not-call registry but got tired of doing it so I just let it go. Still annoying.

Tradd.....that's a good idea for my landline, but it doesn't work on my cell.
    And I've just heard that the Federal Govt is trying to overturn the do-not-call thing. They are saying that since so much is done electronically now, its only fair to let businesses operate this way. Give me a break!

Mrs. hermit.........the same thing happens to me. If I "stay on the line" to talk to a human, and I start to tell them they are violating the do-not-call law, they hang up on me.

And they're always changing their numbers, so if you've blocked a previous number, they can still get through.
    I mean what businesses really want to tick off so many people?????

Thread Information