Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had my abdominal ultrasound, but.....

A friend of mine told me about fecal implants! I don't know how common it is though. Sort of like probiotics........but different!

I have to say that things have settled down a fair amount since I've been avoiding wheat, and carbs in general. Not nearly the amount of pain or burping.
    I'm actually wondering about sugar. I seem to burp alot when I have that too.
    Haven't been able to get to the good health store yet, but when I go, I will be fresher probiotics and yogurt. There's a good book on Amazon about balancing the digestive tract I'm considering ordering. I probably heard about it here.

Probiotics have been good for me, as have raw ferments like raw sauerkraut, raw apple cider vinegar and miso. Also Primal Defense from Garden of Life. Personally my body can't handle yogurt, I get tiny cysts in the skin of my face, and my gall bladder clogs up, possibly the naturally occuring hormones in dairy.

Cathy,

YOu need to read this article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...581820726.html

It is about how specific types of carbohydrates lead to IBS and related conditions in many people. Hope you find it useful.

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Wow, in the WSJ no less! Thanks.

Thanks lhamo!
    I'll check this out. I may even send this article to my gastroenterologist! They don't seem to know much
    about important stuff like this!!
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by lhamo View Post
    Cathy,

YOu need to read this article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...581820726.html

It is about how specific types of carbohydrates lead to IBS and related conditions in many people. Hope you find it useful.

lhamo
    SO extremely excellent! Thank you. I had worked out for myself that I couldn't eat a lot of the foods they mention, and it is great to find out why. They don't mention it, but I also know that when I eat fruits (except berries) my blood sugar goes up noticably.

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    Wow, in the WSJ no less! Thanks.
    I know, I was kind of surprised too -- almost didn't follow the link. I expect stuff like this in the NYT, which has a pretty strong health focus, but not in the WSJ.

I found it really interesting that much of the research on this issue so far has been done in the UK and Australia, not the US. Kind of makes you think about how much our own system, including the science, might be shaped by the big-money interests that keep the carb-o-rama rolling down our highways and into our guts.

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Thread Information