Thread: need ideas for dropping landlne but keeping internet

need ideas for dropping landlne but keeping internet

I have been bugging dh to drop the land line and figure this out but he has put it on the back burner so am seeking ideas on how to proceed. Currently, we do not have cable - only cell, landline and internet through AT&T. I do not want to do business with AT&T anymore. How can we obtain internet and cell only for the best price?

We split up the services. We still have cell service through AT&T, but we went to our cable company for Internet service. No more landlines for us -- the only people who EVER called our home phone were telemarketers and political lobbyists. The last election cycle in 2008 nearly sent me over the edge. I struck back -- during our kitchen renovation last year, we had our phone jacks covered up with tile. One of the best decisions we've ever made!

I got rid of my AT cell, then ported my ATT landline number to a Cricket cell. Now, all that's left is to get my dry ATT DSL transferred to an economical internet service. I do not miss ATT!

Landline free since last year and have not missed it.

Internet: DSL with AT&T for $14.95/month
    Cellular phone: Tracfone for about $100/year

There are huge regional variations in services. I live 2 hours away from the closest major metropolitan area, so my DSL costs me around $55/month. I have a choice of two carriers only. The best cell phone reception is AT&T for most people although some do OK with T-Mobile (it really depends on what area of the county you live in). So you would probably get better tips from people in your region. What region do you live in?

sinplelifeforme, do you get ATT DSL without a land line? That would cut my bill by 2/3!

Yes. ATT has started raising the price a little, now to a little over $17/mo. Online it appears their cheapest is $19.95

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    sinplelifeforme, do you get ATT DSL without a land line? That would cut my bill by 2/3!

Thread Information