Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate daylight savings time. Loose an Hour Of Sleep! Get Rid Of It!

heydude

I hate daylight savings time. Loose an Hour Of Sleep! Get Rid Of It!

Daylight savings is upon us.

I HATE IT!

They keep saying "you gain an hour of sleep!"

BUT, NO, You really don't!

Case in point.

I am used to going to bed at 1am and getting up at 11am.

With daylight savings, I can choose to go to bed at 1am like always (which will now be midnight).

I will wake up at 10am (because that is when I am used to waking up, sleeping in to the new 11am is not going to work; i'm not used to that). So, I'll get the same amount of sleep, at best.

((If I stay up an extra hour, I'll just over-tire myself and still wake up at 10am, therefore loosing an hour of sleep)).

Then I'll be at work an extra hour. I'm used to going home at 7pm, but now I won't be going home until 8pm (because 7pm is the new 8pm).

So.....I'll have to be up an extra hour for the same amount or one hour less of sleep..

Sucks sucks sucks.

And, in the spring, it is equally as bad. They are booth bad.

Why do they spring it on us over the weekend as well? Why can't we F up corporate amierca m-f, 9-5 stuff INSTEAD of our personal time stuff?

oh well.

I LOVE daylight savings time!! I can get up at my usual 6 am and it's actually dawn instead of still dark. At night I don't have to wait until some ungodly hour like 7 pm to see stars and moon. I love that I can walk my dogs in the late afternoon and it's not 100 degrees of burning southern Calif sun searing my flesh (it burnsss usss preciousssss.....). And for us early-night owls, I like to be able to go out earlier in the evening for a night of debauchery yet be at home in bed by 11 pm :-)!

Definite night owl. It is not hard for me at all to sleep later (to go to bed much earlier is HARD). Yea, I prefer it by far to what happens in the spring (having to get up earlier - UGH - no amount of daylight is worth that). I do wish the clocks did not change at all.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

I don't see the value of DST. I just wish it would stay the same all year long and be done with messing with our minds!
    I may not run with the wind in my hair, but I do get winded.

hey dude, those are the hours I think I should sleep too. Maybe 2 til 10 or whatever. This world just isn't build for people like us who go late and get up late.

I can't remember if we are going on DST or off of it. I am happy it won't be dark at 8AM anymore, but bummed that it will soon be dark by 4:30 or 5:00. It's one of the few things I don't like about MN. Oh well. It could be worse.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

The UK is considering doing away with Daylight Saving.
    Fine for those who live in the SE of England, but those of us who live in the North or Scotland do NOT want to lose it - we already go to work in the dark, and travel home in the dark. We don't want the children to leave school when it is already dusk or dark.

I suspect that the Scots and the Islands will ensure that the decision is not made to get rid of DS.
    Last edited by IshbelRobertson; 11-4-11 at 8:35pm. Reason: spelling!

I love the FALL back -- I rarely get to sleep in and for once I can get an extra hour and not feel guilty! I don't like coming/going from work in the dark...with my work hours it only leaves my dayoff to get outside stuff done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    I can't remember if we are going on DST or off of it. I am happy it won't be dark at 8AM anymore, but bummed that it will soon be dark by 4:30 or 5:00. It's one of the few things I don't like about MN. Oh well. It could be worse.
    Spring forward, Fall back. We go on it in the spring, off it in the fall.

agreed, get rid of it. It's stupid.

Let's live according to God's time. (ha ha this will rile up a few.)

Thread Information