Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I hate daylight savings time. Loose an Hour Of Sleep! Get Rid Of It!

I'm not a fan of DST, and am glad it will soon be coming to an end. It is dark when I go to work, and dark when I get off, and I would just love to see a bit of daylight, since I go home and go to bed. Some days I feel so sun-deprived! Here's to the sun!
    Go outside for lunch? Take breaks and go outside? This is what I do to get a little sun, it is not enough sun but it is something, I miss the sun too. The sun is actually something I look forward to on weekends! Yes, I love the sun (most of the time, 'cept when it's a sizzling burning hot summer sun, then I don't like it so much). I do realize this won't work in real cold weather, but it works for the warmer parts of the country to get some of the sun office jobs deprive us of.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Yes, I wish we would just pick one time and stick with it.
    I've noticed a lot more people complaining about it (especially "springing forward") since they lengthened DST several years ago (in the U.S.)

Another thing that pisses me off now about DST. We used to "fall back" the last sunday in october. Since my birthday is the last week of october that meant I'd get a 25 hour birthday if it fell on sunday! Then the year my birthday fell on sunday was the year it switched to the first sunday of november so I got gyped out of an hour of birthday! Damn congress always screws things up!
    Last edited by jp1; 11-7-11 at 10:11pm.

I can't stand "fall back," because it gets dark here at 430p. :-(

Ugh another fall back hater here. I would much rather drive to work in the dark than drive home in the dark.

I really just hate winter in general...I can't wait for the days to get longer instead of shorter. While it doesn't get super cold or dark here, I definitely think I was made to be a snowbird.

Well, I detest shorter days in general, and have been meaning to take that up with the heavens one of these days........but if I have to choose when to have more light in the winter, it's morning rather than evening. Otherwise I'll hibernate until at least 9:00am. No problems with daylight savings time here, really....not on my list of gripes.

I don't pay much attention to it overall, just really don't like short days in general. Perhaps a second home in Australia would be the cure for the winter blues.

Give me Standard Time ....... love Fall Back!

I love standard time (Fall back in the US), I sleep better, feel better in general. Manipulating sleep is never a good thing, it really goes aganist our natural cicadian rythms. The DST was created to make the populace more productive ...... another corporate greed thing. Just Saying ......

Quote Originally Posted by Water&Air View Post
    I love standard time (Fall back in the US), I sleep better, feel better in general. Manipulating sleep is never a good thing, it really goes aganist our natural cicadian rythms. The DST was created to make the populace more productive ...... another corporate greed thing. Just Saying ......
    I though it was originally put in place so that it wouldn't be dark when kids go off to school (back when they would actually walk or ride their bikes) and so that farm kids could do their chores before school too. But maybe that is "standard time" during winter I'm thinking about (I thought winter WAS DST) - guess I'm wrong.

I love standard time (Fall back in the US), I sleep better, feel better in general. Manipulating sleep is never a good thing, it really goes aganist our natural cicadian rythms.
    +1

The DST was created to make the populace more productive
    Because we are so productive when we are sleep deprived zombies for a month catching up - yep that is productivity .

Oh yea take caffeine, what Timothy Leary and Robert Anton Wilson described as the perfect drug for our culture right? (rationality, workaholism). Yea but sadly my physical body does not handle it well. And I can't come to work hopped up on cocaine. So I'll just hate it ALL for a month or so in spring.

If your problem is the days getting shorter, well there is a solution to that: move to the equator. But the solution to politicians messing with our time (our very circadian rhythms, those idiots think they can pass laws against them! Nature disagrees!!) while making a living in the U.S. does not exist.
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 11-16-11 at 11:39pm.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Thread Information