Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you successfully painted cabinet hinges?

There used to be a product called Rub and Buff that you could put on metal with no prep....comes in a little tube . I think an art store would have it. Here's a Joann link. http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...RODID=prd36790

Mrs-M
    I'm going to go against the grain a little today (related to this topic) and express my true thoughts on painting hinges (of any sort). IMO, hinge painting is a major faux pas. (Just take a look at any poorly done paint job, door hinges painted over, it looks terrible). Hardware, IMO, should be left in it's natural state.

But it wouldn't be sloppin' on paint with a brush, it would be spraying it . . . we're going to do a test hinge from a now-surplus cabinet and see how it comes out. If it's crappy, we'll pass.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Our experience has been that they can rust through, or the paint peels.

I just did that with the hinges on the bathroom cupboard. They were rusty to begin with. And they apparently don't make that kind any more. Not that I've found here in town anyway. And they are an odd design to fit into the space they're in. So I figured I had nothing to lose. I spray painted them with rustoleum. Too soon to tell how they'll last. But they look nice. Way better than before, that's for sure.

Thread Information