Thread: DH got food poisoning...

DH got food poisoning...

... At the Kansas City airport, from a sandwich he ate while waiting for the shuttle to Columbia MO. Late last night, his entire body went into purge mode, and he spent the whole night that way. He's on a 4 day trip to see his daughter in college. She's a set designer, and her play is closing tonight... he made it to the theatre... Hopefully he'll be able to sit through the whole show.

It completely sucks. We saved for this trip for months, he worked 4 10's this week so he could save his leave, and now he's exhausted & miserable because of a freaking sandwich. I am so mad about it!

I called the Kansas City health department and filed a formal complaint, and tried to reach the restaurant in the airport, but it's a chain and they have no phone! So I called the corporate HQ and left a message. Fat chance I'll get anything from them, but I am gonna try. I'm beginning to think trip insurance is a good idea...

Thanks for listening to me bitch.
    Last edited by redfox; 11-12-11 at 10:14pm.

That's horrible.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I'd suggest also calling the airport authority. They should know that one of their vendors is selling spoiled food and might be inclined to do something about it.

My sympathies to you and DH. I've gotten food poisoning several times and it's no fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
    I'd suggest also calling the airport authority. They should know that one of their vendors is selling spoiled food and might be inclined to do something about it.

My sympathies to you and DH. I've gotten food poisoning several times and it's no fun at all.
    Thanks. Good idea. I will do so in the morning. I got food poisoning several years ago and was flat for nearly a week. It is pretty awful.

what a bummer, redfox...

If he isn't better after he gets back, you might want to see if any of the chinese medicine places in the ID have "huangliansu" It is basically berberine hydrochloride, and it is my go to medicine for intestinal stuff. I ate some hardboiled eggs that had been out too long the day before our last trip to the US, and woke up with vomiting and severe diarrhea in the middle of the night. I took two pills at around 2 am, two more at 6 am, and I was fine for the flight. You don't want to overdo it, as it can have the OPPOSITE effect. But I find it works really quickly and without the harsh side effects of stuff like Immodium.

Here is an article I found that describes it pretty well:

http://www.bluepoppy.com/blog/blogs/...-huang-lian-su

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Oh Redfox, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope your DH can enjoy at least part of his trip.
    Yes, definitely try to get compensated. My mother bought some bad meat at a grocery once and they
    ended up paying for her lost work.
    I wonder how many other people got sick from the same vendor?
    I hope your DH feels better soon!

Thread Information