Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old bras

Wink Old bras

Odd question, but does anyone have any ideas on how old/unwanted bras could be reused or recycled?? Second-hand stores are not going to be snapping them up

http://www.thetaoofmakingmoney.com/2007/05/18/369.html

check this link...growing tomatoes in a bra!!!! This would get your garden noticed!

I think my dog would love one as a chew toy. He's sorta bra guy,lol. I see ones in pretty good shape at goodwill, so I wouldn't rule that out.

edited to add: I have bought quite a few at garage sales thru the years.

Mrs-M
    Mira. The only thing I can come up with is, tomato/bean stake ties.

Chanterelle. How creative! LMAO! (Mrs-M calls out to family at breakfast time, "how does toasted bacon, tomato, cheese sandwiches sound this morning? I just picked a juicy ripe 44D")! ROTFLMAO!!!

Aqua Blue. ROTFLMAO! Cute, and funny!

Quote Originally Posted by mira View Post
    Odd question, but does anyone have any ideas on how old/unwanted bras could be reused or recycled?? Second-hand stores are not going to be snapping them up
    Snapping them up. haha

Since the support in a bra comes from th band, not the cups or strqps, once the band is shot, the entire thing is shot. Such a goofy design. I sadly add mine to the landfill, with regret.... love the tomato idea!

to prevent bras getting old before their time, never put them in a dryer......if you always line dry your bras, there will be far fewer of them to try to find uses for......

in fact, not only for electricity or gas savings, but also for savings of your clothes in general, best to not use a dryer at all, if possible. Dryer "lint", is, after all, nothing but little bits of your clothes, slowly disintegrating from the tumbling in the dryer.

But, especially anything with elastic......elastic HATES dryers.......

I recently met a woman who takes old bras and makes them into fun handbags! Lots of designs if you Google 'bra handbags'...

Mrs-M
    Originally posted by Loosechickens.
    elastic HATES dryers
    Gosh, does it ever. The extended wear-value one is able to enjoy simply by air/clothesline drying is exponential!

I mentioned this to DH--we are both Jewish--and he suggested making two yarmulkes (kippot), each with chinstraps!

Thread Information