Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well you guys were right--camera is kaplunk

Well you guys were right--camera is kaplunk

Some months ago I posted my dilemma of fixing, for the 2nd time, a camera. The first fix was free but not the second. It wasn't a matter of money, I just wanted to hang on to the cmaera I had although it was not expensive or unusual.)

Mistake.

It's stopped aorking again, antoher issue. Now it's time to jettison it.

You all advised me the first time to just let it go! oh well.
    Will have to get a new one now.

I forget what kind of camera you have. But just in case its a Canon Powershot A80, the company will fix it for free if its a sensor problem. They got a bad batch of sensors several years back and they are replacing them for free. I sent mine in and they fixed it and shipped it for free. My camera was at least 10 years old when this happened.

I think it IS that camera and we had it fixed the first time for free. The second time--similar probelm, but not free. This time, problem?

Time to let it go, I think.

Just have to say, I was laughing with DH the other day about how sometimes it's not so bad to be "forced" into splurging on something you might ordinarily have avoided. Not ideal, but sort of a silver lining - those new cameras are so nice!

are they? why will it be nice? I dont' want to learn another camera. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Sorry. But my neighbors just got one and it's so small and sleek and the battery lasts forever and the number of pixels (or whatever that number is) is something that was unheard of when I bought mine, incredibly clear sharp pictures and lots of storage space - and a really fast reload time. I have to wait between pictures so while it's better than the old way, I still miss good shots waiting for the camera to think. I was having definite camera envy. But I know, I know. For $300 or less I could have one too, but for the moment mine is working just fine, and I'd probably do first aid on it before I'd switch.

I have a little camera (the Powershot A80) and a big one (SLR), and I still love the small one the most!
    I don't learn much about either of them. I just point and shoot. Some day I should really learn how to use them!

kib, this is useful. You are right that the reload/thinking time is too long.

I hadn't planned to spend $300 on a new one, I figured we'd get one of the tiny ones for around $100. But maybe I need to upgrade that thought.

But DH thinks he can fix original camera, and maybe he can.

Sad... and thanks for using the word kaplunk. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Iris lily View Post
    kib, this is useful. You are right that the reload/thinking time is too long.

I hadn't planned to spend $300 on a new one, I figured we'd get one of the tiny ones for around $100. But maybe I need to upgrade that thought.

But DH thinks he can fix original camera, and maybe he can.
    Well, fingers crossed then. Scanning my memory, I think they actually paid $189. He said $289 and then she said oh, no, it wasn't that much.

Thread Information