Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can I do with pumpkin pie filling?

What can I do with pumpkin pie filling?

DH did the shopping before Thanksgiving (thank you!!!) but he brought home a can of pie filling instead of just plain pumpkin. I had planned to make pumpkin bread but now I am at a loss. I should say that nobody here will eat pumpkin pie, so that's not really an option.

Does anyone have suggestions for me? I want to add that I was a little shocked at the ingredients in the pie filling...lots of money for very little nutrition.

Thank you!

How about making pumpkin muffins or bread or cookies but leaving out the sugar (and maybe spices) as it is already sweetened? Pumpkin ice cream (but again probably don't need extra sugar)? Donate it to the poor when they collect canned goods? (ha, they probably don't even want it ). Pumpkin tart instead of a pie? (of course that's basically the same thing). Could probably mix it with cream cheese or something to make pumpkin cream cheese (for bagels or toast or whatever).
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 11-27-11 at 2:34pm.
    Trees don't grow on money

if you don't have a use for it, donate it to the local soup kitchen/etc. I'm sure someone will have a use for it.

all those suggestions are good, but you could also probably just take it back to the store for a refund or exchange.

if it just has sugar and spices in it, you can use it in a muffin recipe and just cut out the sugar, etc., but if it's full of artificial stuff, I'd just return it, myself.

I made a gingercake/pumpkin & cream cheese/ whipped cream trifle that was superb.

great ideas, thanks! I am shocked that I didn't think about taking it back to the store...duh! I suspect that even the food bank has little use for it, but donations there are often a really good idea.

Thank you!

Mrs-M
    My suggestion is to spoil yourself (outright), and purchase some of those miniature frozen tart shells, add filling, then top with fresh whipped cream! Yu-mmy! Oh Leslieann, shame on me for suggesting such a hip-widening, butt-bulking idea, but those tarts are sooo good! We especially love them with cherry pie filling and whip cream, or lemon pudding and whip cream. Shameful, shameful sin, sweets are...

Pumpkin pancakes?

Pumpkin cheesecake.

Pumpkin pudding. Pumpkin bread pudding.

Thread Information